British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Like yours! ;) Maybe if Buster didn't annoy so many riders you'd have more choice. 

Maybe but not sure we could fit him in and have a decent reserve unless we didn’t sign one of last years heat leaders and I can’t see that happening, although you never know.

The whole Buster falling out with people thing is a bit of a myth IMO, yes there are one or two who have taken the mickey when employed by him but generally I think he is a good promoter to ride for, pretty sure his riders have always been paid fully and on time since he took over in 1992 and that goes a long, long way for speedway riders. 

Edited by Bagpuss

15 minutes ago, ray c said:

shame about tobi but you still looking strong to me .a lot stronger than we are at poole oh forgot different league :angry: 

The decision has been made, time to let it go! It doesn't have to be forever. If the season is more financially secure might be okay to move back at some point. 

• Like 1

Bad decision not to sign our own asset, Musielak, especially on his average.

It doesn’t encourage loyalty and that could be the last we see of him, unless no one else signs him and he comes back mid-season.

Choosing Batch and Jensen instead on their high averages will mean poor reserves. One of them should have gone.

3.57 Ellis Perks as senior reserve, however much he’s a trier, like Shanes, is a mistake.

Very strong top four, weak tail.

Just my opinion.  :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Maybe but not sure we could fit him in and have a decent reserve unless we didn’t sign one of last years heat leaders and I can’t see that happening, although you never know.

The whole Buster falling out with people thing is a bit of a myth IMO, yes there are one or two who have taken the mickey when employed by him but generally I think he is a good promoter to ride for, pretty sure his riders have always been paid fully and on time since he took over in 1992 and that goes a long, long way for speedway riders. 

Yes that is true but the ones he did annoy are quite mouthy/vocal. Chris Holder still has a grudge about it! 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Yes that is true but the ones he did annoy are quite mouthy/vocal. Chris Holder still has a grudge about it! 

Quite a few Lynn fans hold a grudge against Holder too for being garbage in 2017 :wink:

I would imagine most people in speedway whether they ride, promote or manage can make up their own minds about messrs. Holder, Batchelor and Chapman. Everyone is in it to earn a crust at the end of the day so probably best that they put the past behind them and move forward in s professional manner. 

17 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Bad decision not to sign our own asset, Musielak, especially on his average.

It doesn’t encourage loyalty and that could be the last we see of him, unless no one else signs him and he comes back mid-season.

Choosing Batch and Jensen instead on their high averages will mean poor reserves. One of them should have gone.

3.57 Ellis Perks as senior reserve, however much he’s a trier, like Shanes, is a mistake.

Very strong top four, weak tail.

Just my opinion.  :)

I think that on team strength alone I would have gone with Toby over Rasmus Jensen, but the announcement said they couldn't guarantee that Toby wouldn't get recalled by his Polish club during the season.

As for encouraging loyalty, someone had to be released. There was no avoiding that.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I think that on team strength alone I would have gone with Toby over Rasmus Jensen, but the announcement said they couldn't guarantee that Toby wouldn't get recalled by his Polish club during the season.

As for encouraging loyalty, someone had to be released. There was no avoiding that.

Yes, but loyalty should start with assets.

And Tobi has ridden for us for three seasons without being recalled so I’m not buying that!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DC2 said:

And Tobi has ridden for us for three seasons without being recalled so I’m not buying that!

If Tobiasz was going to stay i feel it was always between him and Adam either would do for me.But Rasser is a terrific third head leader who for me is so good at the new Abbey from day one he attacked the track.He can also improve away and  he also entertains with his moves from the back.Yes we could look crumbly at reserve but other teams who have better reserves than us wont have the top end strength certainly in heats 13/15 Perks also can improve.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

If Tobiasz was going to stay i feel it was always between him and Adam either would do for me.But Rasser is a terrific third head leader who for me is so good at the new Abbey from day one he attacked the track.He can also improve away and  he also entertains with his moves from the back.Yes we could look crumbly at reserve but other teams who have better reserves than us wont have the top end strength certainly in heats 13/15 Perks also can improve.

Batch for me was the one to go.

He’s unlikely to improve his home and away averages, whereas Rasmus should improve away and Ellis and Musielak will improve both.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

He’s unlikely to improve his home and away averages, whereas Rasmus should improve away and Ellis and Musielak will improve both.

A great point and Musielak on that average is a steal ,but Batch  has shown us loyalty!!!!  also he does not need to improve just try to equal what he did in 2019 which wont be easy.Also when the Abbey is prepared right Troy is as good a rider as anyone  a terrific number 2 to Doyley.Alun also knows how to get the best out of him and what is really nice now is just how popular Troy is with the Swindon fans.

Edited by Sidney the robin

I still think it is quite clever team building by Swindon. I assume it is a lot easier to replace lower end riders if you need a change rather than HL's, with most top riders not interested. Plus you know pretty much what you are going to get from Batch and JD now. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I still think it is quite clever team building by Swindon. I assume it is a lot easier to replace lower end riders if you need a change rather than HL's, with most top riders not interested. Plus you know pretty much what you are going to get from Batch and JD now. 

Spot on Lisa and Alun will have other options if certain lower end team members dont cut it. But we are not usually a promotion who change for the sake of it we normally give every rider every opportunity.

45 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Musielak isn't likely to improve his average as he won't be racing in the UK this season 

Edited by Reliant Robin

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Spot on Lisa and Alun will have other options if certain lower end team members dont cut it. But we are not usually a promotion who change for the sake of it we normally give every rider every opportunity.

true and it has paid off in recent years 

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Get Miedzinski over then.......:rolleyes::rofl: