British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

1 minute ago, Steve0 said:

I can see the benefit for Poole, Eastbourne and Somerset supporters to see cheaper PL speedway but can’t see many Swindon supporters being interested IMHO.

Let's just see how many riders are doubling up in both leagues before we get into anymore Premiership / Championship, better / worse discussions. Having witnessed first hand over the last 15 years my clubs involvement in all 3 leagues, and the televised Premiership meetings last year, I can honestly say the best racing has been in the Championship where the riders seem to be more evenly balanced in terms of average assessments.

I think it was something like 55% of Premiership riders last year also had a place in the Championship.

Having said that, I may be tempted to pop along to to the Abbey when Sheffield visit. Yes, a 4 hour round trip to see the one rider who put's bums on seats.

31 minutes ago, woofers said:

Let's just see how many riders are doubling up in both leagues before we get into anymore Premiership / Championship, better / worse discussions. Having witnessed first hand over the last 15 years my clubs involvement in all 3 leagues, and the televised Premiership meetings last year, I can honestly say the best racing has been in the Championship where the riders seem to be more evenly balanced in terms of average assessments.

I think it was something like 55% of Premiership riders last year also had a place in the Championship.

Having said that, I may be tempted to pop along to to the Abbey when Sheffield visit. Yes, a 4 hour round trip to see the one rider who put's bums on seats.

I wasn’t having a discussion about what league is best - you raised that subject.  One of my points was that I can’t see many Swindon supporters being interested and time will tell if my opinion is correct or not.

BTW Swindon were in the second tier for several years after being relegated not so long ago - and I enjoyed the racing in that league.  So I am not sitting in any ivory tower with tinted glasses 

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Did he come out the back of Denzils lorry !!!! 

Good to see someone got it! :D

4 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Had a few mate!!! Head don't feel too good today. It's a struggle now I've hit 40!! You will probably need a few to today to numb the pain of Everton getting a mauling!!!

Now I'm sober I have realised that I was actually chatting to Rosco's new cleaner who is Czech and called Jan. Silly me. 

Yes, December not looking too good for my team. Merseyside Derby on Wednesday too. :(

48 minutes ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Yes, December not looking too good for my team. Merseyside Derby on Wednesday too. :(

Oh dear!!! Silva out!

5 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Had a few mate!!! Head don't feel too good today. It's a struggle now I've hit 40!! You will probably need a few to today to numb the pain of Everton getting a mauling!!!

Now I'm sober I have realised that I was actually chatting to Rosco's new cleaner who is Czech and called Jan. Silly me. 

I thought the new cleaner was Slovak, Rosco said it took him 4 hours to vacuum the pub:D

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, woofers said:

Ain't no seats at the Arena, you can bring your own though.

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

I thought the new cleaner was Slovak, Rosco said it took him 4 hours to vacuum the pub:D

No, he’s Finnish, an excellent dishwasher.  :)

3 hours ago, auntie doris said:

I did pop in yesterday and asked if he was Czech but he just have me a blank look

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, woofers said:

I take it you live in the midlands and not Yorkshire? 

Edited by EnglishRoundabout

1 hour ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

I take it you live in the midlands and not Yorkshire? 

Woofers

Members

528 posts

Team:Eastbourne

Good luck to the lad, great to see young British talent taking the plunge in the top league. Hope it works out for him.

• Like 2

On 11/30/2019 at 1:53 PM, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Welcome Back Adam Ellis

Oh no not again.   Maybe next time 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Oh no not again.   Maybe next time 

Even a stopped watch is right twice a day ... unless the hands have fallen off of course, in which case it’s completely useless

• Like 3
  • Haha 2