British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

If a club wants to give them a chance then why shouldn’t they give it a go. I genuinely think allowing a young Brit at reserve is a good thing. Why bring in a ringer, look after our own riders first. 

Woffy, Lambert, Bewley to name a few we’re all given chances at a young age. 

Except Anders is more like Jack Smith than those three.

Be sensible.

5 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

He has very good equipment which will help. His other advantage is his Dad is his spanner man & by all accounts is very good. 

Absolutley spot on his dad used to spanner 4 zorro,zagar cant remember who else,aslong as his dad is in his corner theres only 1 way hes going. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It was his first full year, and his average is based on his scores over the whole season. His form at the end of the year was a lot better than at the start.

If Connor Mountain had a higher average earlier in the year than at the end then that means he got worse while Rowe improved.

Mountain was at 4.82 for two months before dropping to 4.73 in the final week.

7 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Except Anders is more like Jack Smith than those three.

Be sensible.

How do we know what he's going to be like, he won the NL riders title. He has 6 decent ashtech engines....Give the kid a chance before even judging him.

Without given a chance then no-one can really know how he will do, Swindon have given him that chance. I for one hopes he takes it. 

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 2

How do we know what he's going to be like, he won the NL riders title. He has 6 decent ashtech engines....Give the kid a chance before even judging him.

Yes, he won the NL riders title that was called off after three rides.

I think he’s a promising young rider and I wish him the best, but he’s not Woffinden, Lambert, Bewley or Darcy Ward and he’s not ready.

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes, he won the NL riders title that was called off after three rides.

I think he’s a promising young rider and I wish him the best, but he’s not Woffinden, Lambert, Bewley or Darcy Ward and he’s not ready.

I'm not saying he's any of those riders but he's entitled to be given a chance. To write him off before the season starts is ridiculous in my opinion. 

I'm not saying he's any of those riders but he's entitled to be given a chance. To write him off before the season starts is ridiculous in my opinion. 

Agreed. Good luck to him.

4 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Yes nobody minds giving riders a chance but he is too young, he should have done another year at the lower level first. The problem is it doesn't do the rider any good and may take him a while to get his confidence back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Yes nobody minds giving riders a chance but he is too young, he should have done another year at the lower level first. The problem is it doesn't do the rider any good and may take him a while to get his confidence back.

I tend to agree, but hope that it pans out ok for Anders, he's got the ability but possibly a year too soon.

Perhaps a slightly increased points limit should have been considered :)

• Like 2

As Grachan has identified, Anders was beating established riders such as Cook, Schlein and Worrall towards the end of the season. Surely beating seasoned Championship riders is a benchmark that shows he is on the up. Plus it’s not like he hasn’t ridden Swindon’s track much either. I’d like to think JD, Batch and Rasmus will give him a hand with bike set ups.

Anders could be anything and on a 3 I think is worth the gamble but one thing is for sure, and no disrespect to the lad at all, but he would appear to be miles ahead of Jack Smith at this stage of his career. 

Edited by theblueboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

He might be in the team at the start!

Hmmm quite possibly/probably 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You have to look at the likes of Zach Wajtknecht at Swindon, and some others in the championship who ‘retired’ early because their confidence was shot. I’m all for pushing youngsters at the highest level but it really can be a double edged sword.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

You have to look at the likes of Zach Wajtknecht at Swindon, and some others in the championship who ‘retired’ early because their confidence was shot. I’m all for pushing youngsters at the highest level but it really can be a double edged sword.

Oh god. Do I have to say this?  :)

Spot on, Steve.

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

5 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Oh god. Do I have to say this?  :)

Spot on, Steve.

If Swindon signed a 17/18 year old foreign rider would anything be said like the above post over the previous 2/3 pages, I very much doubt it. 

Edited by hyabb17