British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

1 hour ago, theblueboy said:

As Grachan has identified, Anders was beating established riders such as Cook, Schlein and Worrall towards the end of the season. Surely beating seasoned Championship riders is a benchmark that shows he is on the up. Plus it’s not like he hasn’t ridden Swindon’s track much either. I’d like to think JD, Batch and Rasmus will give him a hand with bike set ups.

Anders could be anything and on a 3 I think is worth the gamble but one thing is for sure, and no disrespect to the lad at all, but he would appear to be miles ahead of Jack Smith at this stage of his career. 

He beat Craig Cook at Somerset after Cook missed the start and got caught behind his own rider. Nevertheless a good ride.

Anders then came fourth behind Connor Bailey, second behind Bickley (both Glasgow reserves) and third ahead of Vissing.

In the two second places he beat Somerset’s Nathan Stoneman (a 2 point reserve) and the completely useless Mikel B Andersen (0, 0, 0).

A handy performance by the youngster but he wasn’t beating established PL riders all night.

The previous home meeting he scored 9+1, which sounds pretty good, doesn’t it. But he beat only Sarjeant, Coles, Willie Lawson and Stoneman (all 4 or below in the averages), team mate Schlein, and Sam Masters who had EF.

Edited by DC2

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

He beat Craig Cook at Somerset after Cook missed the start and got caught behind his own rider. Nevertheless a good ride.

Anders then came fourth behind Connor Bailey, second behind Bickley (both Glasgow reserves) and third ahead of Vissing.

In the two second places he beat Somerset’s Nathan Stoneman (a 2 point reserve) and the completely useless Mikel B Andersen (0, 0, 0).

A handy performance but the youngster but he wasn’t beating established PL riders all night.

So I take it you don't rate Vissing then?

He's not going to be expected to beat established PL riders all night. I think you are just being negative for the sake of it. You've had it in for this team ever since Batch was announced.

Edited by Grachan

15 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

If Swindon signed a 17/18 year old foreign rider would anything be said like the above post over the previous 2/3 pages, I very much doubt it. 

Almost certainly yes. There are very few 17 year olds ready for the PL. You only have to look at the Edinburgh thread where there is much discussion over Lasse Fredriksen. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grachan said:

So I take it you don't rate Vissing then?

He's not going to be expected to beat established PL riders all night. I think you are just being negative for the sake of it. You've had it in for this team ever since Batch was announced.

Keep your hair on. It’s just a discussion. And my view is irrelevant compared to Rosco’s.

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Keep your hair on. It’s just a discussion. And my view is irrelevant compared to Rosco’s.

My hair is still on, thanks. I guess we'll leave it at that, then.

A good move and we all know the Swindon management will not expect any miracles from Anders.The good thing is Alun has been there himself so he can identify in what this move means for Anders.Going back in time hand on heart was Wellie, Alun, and bless him Martin Hewlett ever ready to move up in the top league when they did? probably not but they all had determination and got through some tough times.Anders will have to do that as well and if he can be on the pace learn as he goes along he should be ok.It is a big ask but the main plus for me is he is our asset  and British. Hopefully   in the long run the club and the rider gains and it is great to have a young local rider in our team again.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, theblueboy said:

As Grachan has identified, Anders was beating established riders such as Cook, Schlein and Worrall towards the end of the season. Surely beating seasoned Championship riders is a benchmark that shows he is on the up. Plus it’s not like he hasn’t ridden Swindon’s track much either. I’d like to think JD, Batch and Rasmus will give him a hand with bike set ups.

Anders could be anything and on a 3 I think is worth the gamble but one thing is for sure, and no disrespect to the lad at all, but he would appear to be miles ahead of Jack Smith at this stage of his career. 

The year Smith was with Swindon he ended up with a  National league average of 8.41 Rowe joins you on a National league average of 8.37 and in my opinion in a weaker national league than 2018 so no theres not a lot of difference in the 2 when they signed for Swindon.

• Like 1

This is a good discussion, lots of decent points. The bottom line is that nobody knows how this young lad will do, the jury is out. There has been good evidence from both sides of the argument. Yes he is extremely inexperienced but in his favour his development has been rapid. Will be fascinating to see how he does in both leagues in 2020.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

I see Ander's Dad knows his stuff having been on the spanners for Zagar and others. He has 6 good Ashtech motors as well, and they don't come cheap. He must have some good backing and equipment. That's a big help this day and age., but of course as we all know, he has to ride the bikes, and he  is inexperienced.

With his Dad spannering for him, he will be able to keep a close eye on him, and no doubt advising him. It's probably is a season early, but as long as he has a sensible head on his shoulders and a good team around him, who are honest with him and won't let him go on to long like Jack Smith did, if he does find it to hard, I don't think it will do him any harm to give it a go as long as he realises he is very young and if he isn't enjoying it, take a step back from the PL, it's not the end of the world, gain a bit more experience and try again in a season or two.

Wish the young man all the best for 2020 season and beyond. Will be keeping an eye out to see how he's doing.

• Like 3

Just now, Rockstar99 said:

Anders Rowe will get sacked once Rasmus Jensen's average drops. How much do you want to bet on it?

I've had similar thoughts, I just hope Anders takes his chance. If he's not ready then nothing has really been lost due to his age and he's gained experience. 

2 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Hmmm quite possibly/probably 

That would be weird. With Perks on 3.48 and us having about 4.08 left if we sign Adam Ellis there’s no way Perks should be in the 1-5.

Stefan Nielsen on 3.71 is the minimum we should expect (or Jordan Stewart on about 3.59 if he’s not saddled with the 4 foreign minimum).

As long as it’s not Mikkel B Andersen.

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

Oh god. Do I have to say this?  :)

Spot on, Steve.

It wasn’t hard was it? :wink: