British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

3 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

The year Smith was with Swindon he ended up with a  National league average of 8.41 Rowe joins you on a National league average of 8.37 and in my opinion in a weaker national league than 2018 so no theres not a lot of difference in the 2 when they signed for Swindon.

Rowe is a better rider than Smith at the same stage   BK in my opinion  technically better and if you look back Smith regressed badly ..He had endless chances at Championship level and never  made it Rowe is on a progressive path now a tough few  years ahead for him but he is a determined lad.

Edited by Sidney the robin

5 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes nobody minds giving riders a chance but he is too young, he should have done another year at the lower level first. The problem is it doesn't do the rider any good and may take him a while to get his confidence back.

I think the opposite he has pushed for this chance maybe it is to early but the experience he will gain will be invaluable.

Good signing that will be a popular one with the fans ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

The year Smith was with Swindon he ended up with a  National league average of 8.41 Rowe joins you on a National league average of 8.37 and in my opinion in a weaker national league than 2018 so no theres not a lot of difference in the 2 when they signed for Swindon.

In average terms possibly, in real terms a huge gulf.

As I said, it’s no reflection on Jack Smith (JS) but Anders Rowe (AR) rode as second string for 2 and a bit months at Somerset, doing extremely well for a 17 year old. I cannot remember JS riding to that standard at any time.

That suggests to me that despite the relative similarity in averages AR is already ahead of JS and is progressive.

Its a big ask but he sounds grounded, clearly has some decent equipment and 4 decent riders to tap into for advice.

What’s not to like? 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Sam Jensen is another possible.

Another possible for what? I'm sure I read elsewhere you'd said he was unconvincing as a Championship reserve? Another one with plenty of potential, but he'd be on a 4 point average in the Premiership so would start in our main body. I guess we'll wait and see

On 11/28/2019 at 9:33 PM, DC2 said:

All three of these appear to be PL 4 pointers:

Wells 7.05 CL,

Jordan Stewart 5.74 CL,

Jonas Jeppesen has never achieved an average.

You may take the view that the bottom two are young improvers that will be more successful than Lampart in making their mark in the 1 to 5, but I think Wells is the better bet.

Having said that, I’d be happy if we got either of the youngsters as an asset.

Out of the names mentioned so far assuming Adam is coming back then I’d go with Justin Sedgeman.

50 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Out of the names mentioned so far assuming Adam is coming back then I’d go with Justin Sedgeman.

Or Jeppesen if averages fit.

1 hour ago, Reliant Robin said:

Another possible for what? I'm sure I read elsewhere you'd said he was unconvincing as a Championship reserve? Another one with plenty of potential, but he'd be on a 4 point average in the Premiership so would start in our main body. I guess we'll wait and see

For the final signing. If we sign Adam Ellis we’ll have about 4.08 left.

Wells, Jeppesen, Jordan Stewart, Sedgmen, Stefan Nielsen and Sam Jensen all fit.

16 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Rowe is a better rider than Smith at the same stage   BK in my opinion  technically better and if you look back Smith regressed badly ..He had endless chances at Championship level and never  made it Rowe is on a progressive path now a tough few  years ahead for him but he is a determined lad.

I agree with that.

Smith has made little impact in the CL over the last three years, barely averaging above 3 at any point, but did his year at Swindon set him back? 

Quite probably.

Without that experience he might be a 4 point CL rider by now.

35 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I agree with that.

Smith has made little impact in the CL over the last three years, barely averaging above 3 at any point, but did his year at Swindon set him back? 

Quite probably.

Without that experience he might be a 4 point CL rider by now.

No not at all i see Smith win a heat two at the Abbey a year or so before his stint in the Robins team and for me he never kicked on.He had chances at Glasgow and Sheffield and did not push on in the Championship.Also with riders like  Rowe/Bickley (examples) to progress they need to be riding two leagues certainly if they are stopped riding the NL (if there is one?. Would i rather have Anders scoring between 0/ 3 points per meeting  gaining experience and having a longterm future for us or have someone else on a three who is also likely to struggle i would go with Anders.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Welcome back Adam Ellis

RR first with the news

Just to recap, Adam signed for Peterborough last week, Swindon on Monday & now Swindon tomorrow. You should be a comedian as the stuff you come out with is gold.

Perhaps this guess may actually be right (although I do hope it's not). 

• Like 4

On 11/27/2019 at 11:26 AM, Reliant Robin said:

Musielak isn't likely to improve his average as he won't be racing in the UK this season 

Shame.