British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

I’m happy with the signing. Think he’s well supported by STS (Dad’s company I think). Saw him race for Aussie at BV in the u21 team cup & like what I’ve seen. 

Stewarts CL average with Redcar converts to 3.59, so he should be in the main body as Perks average attained with Swindon is 3.57.  The Swindon tail, as usual with Alun Rossiter teams has potential to do allot of wagging.

Edited by Col

2 minutes ago, Col said:

Stewarts CL average with Redcar converts to 3.59, so he should be in the main body as Perks average attained with Swindon is 3.57.  The Swindon tail, as usual with Alun Rossiter teams has potential to do allot of wagging.

That maybe the case at the start of the season but it usually doesn't end that way!! Can't see that team finishing the season but we are going to be hard to beat at home and we have managed to keep 5 of the title winning team so happy days. Plus we get to see a local lad develop so all in all I'm happy and will look forward to buying a season ticket for the first in 10 years.

• Like 2

I have not visited the forum for a while, does anyone know what has happened to this Direct Debit Season Ticket idea?

4 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

I have not visited the forum for a while, does anyone know what has happened to this Direct Debit Season Ticket idea?

Announcement is imminent but from what I understand this will be an option. I think details are available at the Southbrook on Saturday when the club have a ''pop up'' shop.

27 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Hopefully enough people have registered an interest for it to be a viable option. If you go every week and buy a programme it saves over £60 and that could become over £100 if we make the cup final and play off final again. Also gives the club income all year round so another good idea by the promotion.

Jordan would have been my third choice just behind Wells and Jeppesen but ahead of Stefan and Sedgmen.

Good signing.

Good signing and with the other Aussies in the team, can see him improving. 

What is fun is that the resident Dick Head continues to make a fool of himself with all of its team predictions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

What is fun is that the resident Dick Head continues to make a fool of himself with all of its team predictions. 

I reckon even he can guess the last one is Adam!!!!! 1 out of 7 isn't bad!!!! :drink:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I reckon even he can guess the last one is Adam!!!!! 1 out of 7 isn't bad!!!! :drink:

Nope. His money is on Hans Andersen.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Jordan would have been my third choice just behind Wells and Jeppesen but ahead of Stefan and Sedgmen.

Good signing.

I would have thought Stefan would be better especially as he is an asset of Swindon but time will tell. Does he have to come in on a 4 average?

Edited by foreverblue

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Good signing.

Behind Wells really???? you have a strange way of building teams you also said on another thread King's Lynn could do a Ipswich this year? .And that Lambert,Riss,Cook, had more potential to improve there averages than Doyle,Batch,Jensen they could well improve there averages but at the end of the day what is the better three Swindon is by quite a way .Yes try to get riders who can improve there averages but as examples Wells, Proctor are two riders who have there averages for a reason they are on the slide Wells in a top 5 no way.

53 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Not  sure you understand.he makes  these predictions so  the likes  of you react to them.  There not meant to be correct .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Behind Wells really???? you have a strange way of building teams you also said on another thread King's Lynn could do a Ipswich this year? .And that Lambert,Riss,Cook, had more potential to improve there averages than Doyle,Batch,Jensen they could well improve there averages but at the end of the day what is the better three Swindon is by quite a way .Yes try to get riders who can improve there averages but as examples Wells, Proctor are two riders who have there averages for a reason they are on the slide Wells in a top 5 no way.

Yes, behind Wells, a 7.05 point CL rider rather than a 5.74 one.  You think Wells is on the slide but Glasgow, who have the pick of the CL, obviously have confidence in him returning to form.

Yes, I think KL could do an Ipswich and reach the final with a solid side rather than a top heavy one and I think that Lambert, Riss and Cook are more likely to increase their averages by a point each than Doyle, Batch and Rasmus.