British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

Just now, DC2 said:

How about Speedway Updates?  You must try that.

It’ll open a whole new world for you!

I had the odd look last year to see how Rowe was doing last year but that's it. Not fussed by a league that Swindon don't compete in. Don't watch any of the foreign leagues either.

14 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I had the odd look last year to see how Rowe was doing last year but that's it. Not fussed by a league that Swindon don't compete in. Don't watch any of the foreign leagues either.

How about BSPA’s own site, it includes all the averages.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/homepage

36 minutes ago, DC2 said:

How about BSPA’s own site, it includes all the averages.

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/homepage

Thanks for that piece of information. If I looked at his CL average I would say that I don't expect him to do much. However people who have seen him ride and know him said he's decent and as they know more than me I will take that over an average.

1 minute ago, thecoombdog said:

Thanks for that piece of information. If I looked at his CL average I would say that I don't expect him to do much. However people who have seen him ride and know him said he's decent and as they know more than me I will take that over an average.

There were other tracks looking at Jordan and i am very surprised no one has taken on  Josh Pickering as yet,  as both are at the same stage of there career.I think your theory is correct coombdog not to go on figures Stewart is still learning and has started the Aussie season well can't wait to see him put a Robins race jacket on.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

There were other tracks looking at Jordan and i am very surprised no one has taken on  Josh Pickering as yet,  as both are at the same stage of there career.I think your theory is correct coombdog not to go on figures Stewart is still learning and has started the Aussie season well can't wait to see him put a Robins race jacket on.

“not to go on figures”?

Hmmm.

15 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

If the next two riders are not Adam Ellis & Jonas Jeppesen. I leave the forum. 

bye bye :t:

• Haha 1

I have noticed that a lot of premiership fans have no clue about riders in championship, I like to keep an eye on all leagues to see who is doing well and who would be a good prospect for my team. Speedway updates are a good way of doing this, dont just look at results but check the comments about each race. There is some cracking racing in championship and national league. Was chatting to Kelvin Tatum in Torun and he admitted to not following championship, which showed when Rasmus Jensen and Ryan Douglas was on tv meeting and Kelvin was surprised at how good they were.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

I like to keep an eye on all leagues to see who is doing well and who would be a good prospect for my team. Speedway updates are a good way of doing this, don't just look at results but check the comments about each race. There is some cracking racing in championship and national league.

A true speedway fanatic! 

• Like 1

Pleased to see Jordan get a chance. Has improved in both his years with us, and expect to see that continue next year. I think riding with the likes of Doyle can only help him. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

I have noticed that a lot of premiership fans have no clue about riders in championship, I like to keep an eye on all leagues to see who is doing well and who would be a good prospect for my team. Speedway updates are a good way of doing this, dont just look at results but check the comments about each race. There is some cracking racing in championship and national league. Was chatting to Kelvin Tatum in Torun and he admitted to not following championship, which showed when Rasmus Jensen and Ryan Douglas was on tv meeting and Kelvin was surprised at how good they were.

Its nothing personal against the lower leagues and I'm not dissing the racing or anything like that. I would genuinely only follow the CL if Swindon went down a league and would lose interest in the top league.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, False dawn said:

A true speedway fanatic! 

Yeah, you got that right , I love statistics and working out teams, I am a bit obsessed though

For those who have not done it it is worth following the Swindon riders who double up on the Championship Speedway Updates section.  Hopefully the new tv contract might even be showing a few Championship meetings .

6 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

For those who have not done it it is worth following the Swindon riders who double up on the Championship Speedway Updates section.  Hopefully the new tv contract might even be showing a few Championship meetings .

I wonder if Rosco even looks at the averages on the BSPA site!

This year he could have signed Rasmus, Josh Pickering or Jordan Stewart instead of Lampart at the start of the season.

In fact we could have had Rasmus, Pickering and Stewart instead of Zach, Shanes and Lampart.

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I would have thought Stefan would be better especially as he is an asset of Swindon but time will tell. Does he have to come in on a 4 average?

I think Stefan has been given a rough deal over the years since becoming an asset as he could’ve been used before other options that were used.

That said injuries have played a massive role & I expect Rosco wanted to make sure he was over his knee injury from last season.