British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

3 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Can someone please list the team with averages being used and the team total - thank you

Doyle - 8.96
Stewart - 4.00
Jensen - 7.86
Ellis - 6.33 (2.5% discount applied)
Batchelor - 8.82
Perks - 3.49 (2.5% discount applied)
Rowe - 3.00

Total - 42.46

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

In my opinion Steve,  Wolves could be better with a more balanced team.

IF we are looking at similar teams to this season then Wolves will still be strong but would be outclassed by Swindon just like the play offs.

IF it’s Masters And Thorssell as the last 2 then it’s well under the points limit despite looking solid and improvement throughout.

However if Wolves have pulled off a top rider at number one that could make us front runners tho.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Going to be very close!!! everyone of the below could be argued the other IMO 

Doyle vs Pedersen = Doyle 

Batch vs Holder = Holder 

Jensen vs Graj = Jensen 

Ellis vs Lawson = Ellis (In the championship id say Lawson) 

Perks vs Howarth = Howarth 

Rowe vs Morris = Morris 

Stewart vs Kurtz = Stewart 

That's who I tgink will have the better season of the two but im not confident in any of it to be honest 

Bang on!! I don't think there will be much in it for Swindon and Sheffield. 

Me personally, I would say Graj over Jensen due to Josh having Owlerton as his home track and think he will increase his average because of that. But definitely not much in it.

You could argue either way for any of the match ups above. However, wouldn't be surprised at all if Sheffield comfortably beat Swindon at home and vice versa.

Cant wait!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DC2 said:

Could have been better!

Nicol instead of Nicholls is plain daft in terms of a 2020 title challenge.

On what we know up to now true.

6 hours ago, DC2 said:

Not for me. Sheffield are more balanced and stronger over all. 

Swindon will face some battles at home and pick up few away wins.

The opposite in my view, both sides i believe will be good at home away like this year Swindon worst scenario can score 42 points and at least get a bonus point.Sheffield away i think could be vulnerable certainly at reserve and i don't see them having the same  no 6/7 all season .Wolves also will have a team like they always  do,  IF they could get Pawlicki they would be the side to beat also they have a fresh look with Douglas,Becker,Nicol, who will be longterm  improvers.

5 hours ago, stevebrum said:

IF we are looking at similar teams to this season then Wolves will still be strong but would be outclassed by Swindon just like the play offs.

IF it’s Masters And Thorssell as the last 2 then it’s well under the points limit despite looking solid and improvement throughout.

However if Wolves have pulled off a top rider at number one that could make us front runners tho.

Huge risk going 2 points under the limit and that looks to be the case.

It's solid but you are now totally reliant on people upping there averages.

Dangerous game to play and imo just not enough firepower in that team.

However given the split we will see in the league this season you will comfortably make the play offs.

We can already pick the top 4, before a wheel is turned

A wagging tail as ever with a Rossiter team and no doubt a change will be made in the course of the season.

He's very good at this. Swindon imo will again win the league however premature that may sound.

Just shows the points limit must be right, top heavy teams, strength in depth,  good reserves, best top 5 etc. All differing opinions on here which will work, and expect they'll be an 'Ipswich' this season which nobody will expect to get to the final. I think Swindon are favourites, but its nice not to be sure. 

8 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Going to be very close!!! everyone of the below could be argued the other IMO 

Doyle vs Pedersen = Doyle 

Batch vs Holder = Holder 

Jensen vs Graj = Jensen 

Ellis vs Lawson = Ellis (In the championship id say Lawson) 

Perks vs Howarth = Howarth 

Rowe vs Morris = Morris 

Stewart vs Kurtz = Stewart 

That's who I tgink will have the better season of the two but im not confident in any of it to be honest 

Holder over Batch is a big NO from me as would take Batch every time.

• Like 6

Swindon might struggle with the bottom 3 but they will be given a chance & then changes might be made like last season. 

Somerset went down the same route with a long tail last season & it didn’t work so roll on April where we can see on the track.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acef said:

Huge risk going 2 points under the limit and that looks to be the case.

It's solid but you are now totally reliant on people upping there averages.

Dangerous game to play and imo just not enough firepower in that team.

However given the split we will see in the league this season you will comfortably make the play offs.

We can already pick the top 4, before a wheel is turned

As we’ve not seen the other 3 yet I wouldn’t totally rule them out.

Think it’s a mistake to rule out Ipswich again as they comfortably made the top 4 this year before Iversen was signed.

Id be careful ruling them out again.

As for Wolves, makes no sense to build 2 points below limit but even still a decent side if the duo sign. 

3 hours ago, acef said:

A wagging tail as ever with a Rossiter team and no doubt a change will be made in the course of the season.

He's very good at this. Swindon imo will again win the league however premature that may sound.

He had to lose Musielak Ace who is a class act and it annoys me that we have had to do that.Your club never planned for Max to miss the season why?? personally i love watching Fricke  rate him and would love him to get a top 8 but surely you should of planned without him?.

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

He had to lose Musielak Ace who is a class act and it annoys me that we have had to do that.Your club never planned for Max to miss the season why?? personally i love watching Fricke  rate him and would love him to get a top 8 but surely you should of planned without him?.

I'm not entirely sure how we could plan for something like that other than to replace him, which we have done. 

Half the league next season will operate without a recognised number 1, given we have lost one of the best in the division but still start with an and out number 1 seems like a decent solution to me.

Good to see five of the team back for the new season.

• Like 2