British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

17 hours ago, acef said:

Huge risk going 2 points under the limit and that looks to be the case.

It's solid but you are now totally reliant on people upping there averages.

Dangerous game to play and imo just not enough firepower in that team.

However given the split we will see in the league this season you will comfortably make the play offs.

We can already pick the top 4, before a wheel is turned

Let’s hope it’s not that predictable. For what it’s worth I don’t think it will be. 

• Like 1

Looks another good side built from Swindon but obviously much weaker than last year but thats due to having to break up a side of improvers

Musielek and Vissing replaced by Stewart and Rowe who arent going to be close to scoring what the other two did

Team reliant on Jensen maintaining his average , And Ellis and Perks improving theirs

Still looks like a play off side for sure

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

Think Stewart will out score vissing that's for sure.

If he is in the main body then he has to match Musielek not Vissing

Good team but not as good as last season....which was inevitable

Im hoping us at Ipswich can persuade Tobi to sign for us

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

If he is in the main body then he has to match Musielek not Vissing

Good team but not as good as last season....which was inevitable

Im hoping us at Ipswich can persuade Tobi to sign for us

With the stupid team limits there is no way he can be expected to match Tobi's scoring, but he may improve after the first few months

3 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

But will he not be at reserve?

Unless 4 is lower than 3.49 he will not be at reserve :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Unless 4 is lower than 3.49 he will not be at reserve :)

Well he is from down under,;)

• Haha 3

On 12/6/2019 at 11:29 AM, Bagpuss said:

Let’s hope it’s not that predictable. For what it’s worth I don’t think it will be. 

I'm afraid it will be.

Unless Ipswich can convince NKI it's going to be a very easy top 4 to call.

10 hours ago, Gavan said:

Looks another good side built from Swindon but obviously much weaker than last year but thats due to having to break up a side of improvers

Musielek and Vissing replaced by Stewart and Rowe who arent going to be close to scoring what the other two did

Team reliant on Jensen maintaining his average , And Ellis and Perks improving theirs

Still looks like a play off side for sure

I don't think it's that with Swindon. You just know they will make a change at some point that will make up the point deficit because no way is that tail winning a title. That's the only reason I'm backing them for the league because that top 4 with one addition and it's game over 

It's how Swindon operate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, acef said:

I'm afraid it will be.

Unless Ipswich can convince NKI it's going to be a very easy top 4 to call.

We shall see. 

Let revisit this conversation in August / September. 

On 12/7/2019 at 11:53 PM, acef said:

I don't think it's that with Swindon. You just know they will make a change at some point that will make up the point deficit because no way is that tail winning a title. That's the only reason I'm backing them for the league because that top 4 with one addition and it's game over 

It's how Swindon operate. 

They have not always made changes Acef ?? last year people forget Musielak had a bad injury( and came back to early).We got in Bellego for a short term to cover and Lampard was replaced only because we were getting problems with his polish club.This year on the face of it we look a lot weaker with Perks,Stewart,Rowe but for me for this side to work the top four have to be on it most weeks the other three have to improve as the season goes along and contribute but as you say there is scope for a change.

7 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

They have not always made changes Acef ?? last year people forget Musielak had a bad injury( and came back to early).We got in Bellego for a short term to cover and Lampard was replaced only because we were getting problems with his polish club.This year on the face of it we look a lot weaker with Perks,Stewart,Rowe but for me for this side to work the top four have to be on it most weeks the other three have to improve as the season goes along and contribute but as you say there is scope for a change.

Had Tobi stayed fit then no changes would have been needed, although I still think you'd have got Jensen.

This year is different with a longer tail and I fully expect that Alun will make at least 1 change.