British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

any news on re-vamped stadium ? is the grandstand still in storage in wales ?? must be costing a fortune in storage fees  ??? or was that a little porky pie ?:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

any news on re-vamped stadium ? is the grandstand still in storage in wales ?? must be costing a fortune in storage fees  ??? or was that a little porky pie ?:rolleyes:

The planning meeting scheduled for today was cancelled, but there was no mention of any info on the stadium on the agenda.

Just now, A ORLOV said:

The planning meeting scheduled for today was cancelled, but there was no mention of any info on the stadium on the agenda.

its becoming a soap opera i guess it will be no change again at the Abbey next season ?? it would be nice to let you fans if the storage thing was a hoax ?? or is it fact ?? because storage fees have to be paid ? unless stadia uk are paying it? after all its their stadium & their responsibility for re-furb ?? anyway good luck hope it falls in place for you its tough getting conditions of a council we should know lol NSS but m/cr council were great with us !! look forward to visiting the infamous toilets on back straight again in 2020 lol keep us informed :t:

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

its becoming a soap opera i guess it will be no change again at the Abbey next season ?? it would be nice to let you fans if the storage thing was a hoax ?? or is it fact ?? because storage fees have to be paid ? unless stadia uk are paying it? after all its their stadium & their responsibility for re-furb ?? anyway good luck hope it falls in place for you its tough getting conditions of a council we should know lol NSS but m/cr council were great with us !! look forward to visiting the infamous toilets on back straight again in 2020 lol keep us informed :t:

If there was ever a new facility that nobody believed would happen it was the NSS. These things take time just like it did in Manchester.

Mocking about it is in very poor taste given how long the Aces pair were laughed at for suggesting it would happen.

still, each to their own. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

If there was ever a new facility that nobody believed would happen it was the NSS. These things take time just like it did in Manchester.

Mocking about it is in very poor taste given how long the Aces pair were laughed at for suggesting it would happen.

still, each to their own. 

Think you better read it proper no mocking just asking a question and the grandstand was told to the fans it was on storage in Wales !! I have evensaid good luck in post so read it again proper 

10 hours ago, geoff58 said:

Think you better read it proper no mocking just asking a question and the grandstand was told to the fans it was on storage in Wales !! I have evensaid good luck in post so read it again proper 

‘Looking forward to visiting the infamous toilets on back straight again in 2020 lol keep us informed.’

sounds mocking to me. :neutral:

Anyway Manchester delivered, so no reason why Swindon won’t do the same. 

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

‘Looking forward to visiting the infamous toilets on back straight again in 2020 lol keep us informed.’

Manchester wasn't built by Gaming International. Check the latter's record of false promises and abject failure to deliver on promises, especiually in Reading and Milton Keynes. The NSS was a totally different case - backing from the city council plus Manchester City through their local sport initiative is a rather different scenario to a company with a record of fine words and zero action in far too many cases.

They've even spread into football with Torquay United. They own the club and immediately promised to demolish Plainmoor and move the club to a new stadium. They promised, they promised.....then said it wasn't going to happen.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/torquay-united-scrap-plans-new-3412818

I'd love them to build the new stadium but it would be foolish not to keep a very close eye on these people given their shocking record under various names.

Edited by RobMcCaffery
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Manchester wasn't built by Gaming International. Check the latter's record of false promises and abject failure to deliver on promises, especiually in Reading and Milton Keynes. The NSS was a totally different case - backing from the city council plus Manchester City through their local sport initiative is a rather different scenario to a company with a record of fine words and zero action in far too many cases.

They've even spread into football with Torquay United. They own the club and immediately promised to demolish Plainmoor and move the club to a new stadium. They promised, they promised.....then said it wasn't going to happen.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/torquay-united-scrap-plans-new-3412818

I'd love them to build the new stadium but it would be foolish not to keep a very close eye on these people given their shocking record under various names.

Only because stupid Councils do not force them to build the new facilities before they are allowed to demolish or close what they have bought.

• Like 1

Just now, A ORLOV said:

Only because stupid Councils do not force them to build the new facilities before they are allowed to demolish or close what they have bought.

Either way, they tend to get what they want, and it doesn't usually match the words.

5 hours ago, stevebrum said:

that was tounge in cheek don't think even the hardest swindon fan can't deny they are disgusting !! and any away fan that has visited the Abbey !! anyway doubt anything will be done for next season just have to put up with them for now ?? :t:

Edited by geoff58

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

that was tounge in cheek don't think even the hardest swindon fan can deny they are disgusting !! and any away fan that has visited the Abbey !! anyway doubt anything will be done for next season just have to put up with them for now ?? :t:

So you got all the correct letters but not necessarily in the correct order!!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

So you got all the correct letters but not necessarily in the correct order!!

whatever perhaps you should visit with your £5 discount only premiership you will see :t::rofl:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Apologies, perhaps I should have made myself clearer. I was comparing only the parallel that work promised will be delivered.

Obviously the NSS was a completely different ball game I get that.

Its just when people try to question if what was provided as correct information is actually correct.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be. I know we are talking about different companies however note the caution of these people because of previous track records.

6 hours ago, geoff58 said:

that was tounge in cheek don't think even the hardest swindon fan can't deny they are disgusting !! and any away fan that has visited the Abbey !! anyway doubt anything will be done for next season just have to put up with them for now ?? :t:

For the record, they are infamously disgusting, and have pretty much remained the same standard as when I first started attending at Blunsdon some 40 odd years ago. Nuff said. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

For the record, they are infamously disgusting, and have pretty much remained the same standard as when I first started attending at Blunsdon some 40 odd years ago. Nuff said. 

Totally agree not a pleasant place.

• Like 1