British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Apologies, perhaps I should have made myself clearer. I was comparing only the parallel that work promised will be delivered.

Obviously the NSS was a completely different ball game I get that.

Its just when people try to question if what was provided as correct information is actually correct.

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be. I know we are talking about different companies however note the caution of these people because of previous track records.

Thanks for the clarification. The debate about the NSS pre-opening was pretty ill-informed on many levels, and coloured by naked jealousy from some fans that a track in Manchester could dare to carry the title National Speedway Stadium. In most situations like these there is a chance that they will be fulfilled, and equally a chance that they will not, which is why, as surely if you were trying to pick a winner in a race, you have to study 'form'. 

Having said that there's no reason why an appalling record can't change. I hope so much that in Swindon's case it does. It's a great set-up with a good fan base and a superb record of continuity in the sport. It would be another cruel blow to lose it, and we've had far too many of those. 

14 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Thanks for the clarification. The debate about the NSS pre-opening was pretty ill-informed on many levels, and coloured by naked jealousy from some fans that a track in Manchester could dare to carry the title National Speedway Stadium. In most situations like these there is a chance that they will be fulfilled, and equally a chance that they will not, which is why, as surely if you were trying to pick a winner in a race, you have to study 'form'. 

Having said that there's no reason why an appalling record can't change. I hope so much that in Swindon's case it does. It's a great set-up with a good fan base and a superb record of continuity in the sport. It would be another cruel blow to lose it, and we've had far too many of those. 

No worries. It will be a great shame if they let Swindon down but we have to believe they will deliver as promised. 

24 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

When your dying for a p*ss after a few pints you don't care believe me!

Rumour has it Hagon, that some never reappear having gone in there though. Now that is scary!!

6 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Rumour has it Hagon, that some never reappear having gone in there though. Now that is scary!!

When i first went ER there was a cheap/ Expensive side at Swindon you could not go through the gate to the starting gate side until about heat 9.Those legendary toilets have not changed in all that time minging and at times you need wellies to enter.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

When i first went ER there was a cheap/ Expensive side at Swindon you could not go through the gate to the starting gate side until about heat 9.Those legendary toilets have not changed in all that time minging and at times you need wellies to enter.

I remember those days Sid. I wasn’t aware that the gate separating the starting gate side from the back straight opened mid meeting. I recall being told it was expensive to stand near the starting gate. I used to look across from the back straight, longing for the day when I could afford to stand there!!

6 minutes ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

I remember those days Sid. I wasn’t aware that the gate separating the starting gate side from the back straight opened mid meeting. I recall being told it was expensive to stand near the starting gate. I used to look across from the back straight, longing for the day when I could afford to stand there!!

The funny thing is ER i longed to watch it from the starting gate, and when i first did it it seemed a disappointment i much prefer watching from bend 2 just past the burger van.

I think we had that at Dudley Wood for a bit as well. Paying extra to stand the tapes side that is not the toilets. Then again Dudley Wood wasn't the poshest.:lol:

1 minute ago, bruno said:

I think we had that at Dudley Wood for a bit as well. Paying extra to stand the tapes side that is not the toilets. Then again Dudley Wood wasn't the poshest.:lol:

Good track though Bruno,  i always thought it was a tough test for  a visiting rider who maybe only rode there once a year.l can remember once going there in 1980??? against Swindon on a bank holiday it was a 11 oclock start the Grahame/ Collins partnership over that period were superb.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, geoff58 said:

that was tounge in cheek don't think even the hardest swindon fan can't deny they are disgusting !! and any away fan that has visited the Abbey !! anyway doubt anything will be done for next season just have to put up with them for now ?? :t:

The only person to enjoy those toilets was SCB. He's used to the smell and got some images to take home and enjoy too :o

• Haha 2

I just remember Dudley Wood having a ‘pork’ van which sold the best pork scratchings/crackling I have ever tasted :-)

Edited by 65Sarge
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The only person to enjoy those toilets was SCB. He's used to the smell and got some images to take home and enjoy too :o

:rofl::rofl:

A more balanced team would have been:

Doyle

Pickering

Ellis

Musielak

Jensen

Stewart

Proctor

Pickering and Stewart would have been great investments for the future.

6 hours ago, DC2 said:

A more balanced team would have been:

Doyle

Pickering

Ellis

Musielak

Jensen

Stewart

Proctor

Pickering and Stewart would have been great investments for the future.

A really nice side apart from Proctor and putting to much pressure on Pickering in a top five.This side shows me just how important Batchelor is to our team especially heats 13/15.Also i like our side with Jensen only expected to be a third heat leader last year was such a great year for him he will do well to maintain that .But yes have to say this looks pretty decent but i don't see it winning a league.

Edited by Sidney the robin

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

A really nice side apart from Proctor and putting to much pressure on Pickering in a top five.This side shows me just how important Batchelor is to our team especially heats 13/15.Also i like our side with Jensen only expected to be a third heat leader last year was such a great year for him he will do well to maintain that .But yes have to say this looks pretty decent but i don't see it winning a league.

Pickering in the top 5, too much pressure?

But Stewart in the top 5 isn’t?

Pickering is 6.98 CL, Stewart is 5.74.

And Proctor 6.84 CL at reserve would undoubtedly increase his 4.43 PL average and quite probably put Pickering at reserve early in the season.

I don’t think you quite realise how many last places Rowe, Perks and Stewart are facing.