British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

8 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

ao Musielak has been stopped from riding in the UK by Toruń according to Terry Russell in today’s adver, or at the very least starting the season. This is what was said right from the start. 

Torun have done Tobi a favour.

Tobi exits the Robins on a high note instead of being apart of the 2020 side that will lose all of the silverware they won in 2019.

Edited by Rockstar99
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Tobi exits the Robins on a high note instead of being apart of the 2020 side that will lose all of the silverware they won in 2019.

What a complete moron you are! 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Image result for keep calm and get a personality

If you wanna give it the big one the how about putting your money where your mouth is....£100 bet that Swindon finish above Pboro. I’ll give you my personal details if you’ve got the balls. 

4 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Take your own advise and bugger off back to the Peterborough thread.

• Like 1

Really annoys me when I read "residents concern over noise level", The track was there before they bought their new home. If they had any concerns then WHY buy your new home where you know there will be noise from sports.:mad:

• Like 6

This was always going to end up this way. The council/developers treat “normal” people like idiots.

You buy a house near a speedway track and don’t expect any noise? 
Why even take there views into consideration? Why have they become a priority?

Just an excuse to stop the development.

48 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Really annoys me when I read "residents concern over noise level", The track was there before they bought their new home. If they had any concerns then WHY buy your new home where you know there will be noise from sports.:mad:

Yes annoys me too and part of the reason why a lot of tracks have closed. I have heard they even have had issues with Ipswich in the past and I don't ever remember seeing any houses near the track.

Edited by foreverblue

11 hours ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

How are people still engaging with these people. Ignore.

We have far more substantial things to worry about.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18147100.decision-day-next-week-new-abbey-stadium/

makes uncomfortable reading that ? hopefully it all goes through for the good of robins & speedway in general :t:

7 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

makes uncomfortable reading that ? hopefully it all goes through for the good of robins & speedway in general :t:

Gaming international quote from the article

The company says a new, modern stadium is important for its business and for the economy of Swindon.

It said: “The stadium fails to offer the contemporary facilities needed to maintain its commercial viability.

“Opportunities for support and investment have been lost to other sites in Swindon and competing stadiums in the region are now starting to draw trade away.”

I would ask where are the competing stadiums in the region ?

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

The company says a new, modern stadium is important for its business and for the economy of Swindon.

It said: “The stadium fails to offer the contemporary facilities needed to maintain its commercial viability.

“Opportunities for support and investment have been lost to other sites in Swindon and competing stadiums in the region are now starting to draw trade away.”

indeed !!

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Yes annoys me too and part of the reason why a lot of tracks have closed. I have heard they even have had issues with Ipswich in the past and I don't ever remember seeing any houses near the track.

its pretty built up around ipswich to be fair, don't have too much trouble with complaints as the track was there since the 50's, just have to respect the 10pm curfew

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

I‘ve said the same on the stadium thread in the  “General” section. Irony being that GI are responsible for the lack of semi-viable alternative/rival in Reading.

The option of a ”direct hotline to the stadium for noise complaints”....absolutely laughable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

its pretty built up around ipswich to be fair, don't have too much trouble with complaints as the track was there since the 50's, just have to respect the 10pm curfew

Oh ok I thought it was next to fields.