British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

4 hours ago, hyderd said:

Really annoys me when I read "residents concern over noise level", The track was there before they bought their new home. If they had any concerns then WHY buy your new home where you know there will be noise from sports.:mad:

Totally agree. I remember Milldenhall having problems a few years back with a couple complaining about the noise. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

If you wanna give it the big one the how about putting your money where your mouth is....£100 bet that Swindon finish above Pboro. I’ll give you my personal details if you’ve got the balls. 

Will let you know once our 1-7 has been announced.

On 1/9/2020 at 5:08 PM, Rockstar99 said:

Torun have done Tobi a favour.

Tobi exits the Robins on a high note instead of being apart of the 2020 side that will lose all of the silverware they won in 2019.

A bit early to say that, when they haven't ridden a match yet!

Edited by szkocjasid

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

A bit early to say that, when they haven't ridden a match yet!

Oh, there are loads of folks on here that can tell you exactly who is going to make the playoffs and who's going to win the league. If pressed, they'll tell you the team scores in both legs of the final. Us normal mortals might as well hibernate for the summer and read about in the Star come November. :shock:

Now let's see who takes that seriously?

17 hours ago, hyderd said:

Really annoys me when I read "residents concern over noise level", The track was there before they bought their new home. If they had any concerns then WHY buy your new home where you know there will be noise from sports.:mad:

Welcome to society 

What you’ve said pisses me off as well but more than that, is that their voice will likely be heard.

We would all love to come on here and pass such comments off as dismissive but the world today doesn’t work like that.

Its contradictory but it matters not today. They will be heard.

On 1/10/2020 at 11:47 AM, 89buttons said:

its pretty built up around ipswich to be fair, don't have too much trouble with complaints as the track was there since the 50's, just have to respect the 10pm curfew

23 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Oh ok I thought it was next to fields.

As the crow flies only a few hundred yards from major housing but the deep bowl and the fact it is surrounded by woodland gives a natural dampening to noise impact

5 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Planning permission granted by the council. Now over to the developers!

well its decision time now :unsure:

I genuinely feel sorry for the people responding on twitter who think it will be done. They are in for a massive let down. Does anyone on here genuinely believe it will be built? The way I see it going is that there will be more and more excuses until there are complaints about the noise at the current track and we will be shut down. Obviously I hope I'm wrong but these bandits have a 100% record in not delivering and no doubt they already have plans for the money they will make when the speedway is closed and the whole site is sold for housing.

• Like 1

well the grandstand is already so the fans were told its in storage in wales ???

Edited this post as accidentally clicked on wrong thread haha, apologies

Edited by Warren2

When will people learn ..tonight means next to nothing 

49 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

well the grandstand is already so the fans were told its in storage in wales ???

Yeah there will be a huge convey of lorries on the way from Wales next week to deliver it. I'm sure of it!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah there will be a huge convey of lorries on the way from Wales next week to deliver it. I'm sure of it!

i will look out for the traffic alerts cheers :t: