British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

1 hour ago, orion said:

When will people learn ..tonight means next to nothing 

You would have thought the club and the management would have learned from all the other let downs and just kept quiet but instead it's retweet after retweet about it being great news. And Tomlinson has piped up as well. He will go quiet again when nothing happens and we want answers.

Lots of extra activity in South Wales this morning around some large storage units!!  Unfortunately it seems Bill Glass has misplaced his keys!!!;);)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

You would have thought the club and the management would have learned from all the other let downs and just kept quiet but instead it's retweet after retweet about it being great news. And Tomlinson has piped up as well. He will go quiet again when nothing happens and we want answers.

And pics with Osborne Clark .. even if the stadium is built this guy has destroy speedway clubs and in my opinion and is  just a total scumbag .. the club is ran so well but really is naïve when it  comes to Clark and co .

• Like 3

Scary stuff indeed.

When the project was first discussed we were promised the old stadium would not be knocked down until the new one was built.

Whats the chance of the old one closing and then there becoming lots of “unforeseen problems and delays“.

This project is doomed, surely the council is not falling for this rubbish?

2 hours ago, charlie17 said:

Scary stuff indeed.

When the project was first discussed we were promised the old stadium would not be knocked down until the new one was built.

Whats the chance of the old one closing and then there becoming lots of “unforeseen problems and delays“.

This project is doomed, surely the council is not falling for this rubbish?

If you read all the press statements and what the fans are saying it looks like the majority have  fallen for it. As I  said  I am not sure how many many times someone can do the same scam only to be allowed to it Again.

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

why hasnt clark got his name tag on ??

Because he knows who he is:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JOS50 said:

EOQ3gZqX0AclrZo.jpg

Hope Rosco checked his top pocket after that photo shoot finished.:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JOS50 said:

EOQ3gZqX0AclrZo.jpg

Thanks for closing the staduim down  for me . 

On 1/15/2020 at 1:04 PM, orion said:

And pics with Osborne Clark .. even if the stadium is built this guy has destroy speedway clubs and in my opinion and is  just a total scumbag .. the club is ran so well but really is naïve when it  comes to Clark and co .

Trouble is, I’m not sure how else the club could really play it, to be honest.

I’m not sure if the club/promotion being publicly snotty about things towards Osbourne and his cronies would have got us anywhere fast.

By at least appearing to be encouraging of Stadia UK and going along with the “this is going to be great” party line, it puts all the hype, focus and attention, where it rightly should be, on Stadia UK to come up with the goods. The club social media statement said it itself... “Over to the developers”.

Its quite clearly on them if there’s any further bumps in the road on this. Everyone else is essentially a passenger in this saga.

42 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Trouble is, I’m not sure how else the club could really play it, to be honest.

I’m not sure if the club/promotion being publicly snotty about things towards Osbourne and his cronies would have got us anywhere fast.

By at least appearing to be encouraging of Stadia UK and going along with the “this is going to be great” party line, it puts all the hype, focus and attention, where it rightly should be, on Stadia UK to come up with the goods. The club social media statement said it itself... “Over to the developers”.

Its quite clearly on them if there’s any further bumps in the road on this. Everyone else is essentially a passenger in this saga.

Don't have to get publicly  snooty but you also have to remember what this man and his cronies have done to speedway clubs  in the uk no matter how the Swindon project  turns out .. having photo's taken with con man is naïve and disrepectful  for fans who have lost there club due to these people .

From the moment this all started 5 years  we have  got overboard with every statement giving the people we are dealing with.  this week has been the same again .

Edited by orion

10 hours ago, JOS50 said:

EOQ3gZqX0AclrZo.jpg

If ever a man looked like a snake.....

• Like 2