British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

The following pre-season matches have just been announced by the official Unia Leszno website:

March 16th (Monday) Swindon Robins – Unia Leszno
March 23rd (Monday) PRACTICE Leszno: Swindon Robins & Unia Leszno
March 24th (Tuesday) Unia Leszno – Swindon Robins

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Really exciting i hope the fixtures are confirmed i  just hope the weather holds up.But It could be bloody cold is there anywhere colder than the Abbey in Swindon???Be interesting to see who Leszno send on the practice day will the public be aloud to watch? if so could the club charge 2/3 pound?i would be willing to pay it could help the club a little.

The practice is in Lezno,surely they would charge Zloty and not pounds:wink:

It's too early to be sure of course but many of the pre-season friendlies from Leszno are streamed online for free. So fingers crossed the Swindon one will also be available!

• Like 1

Having just seen the photograph with Clark, for a man with a “ready smile” Rosco looks totally embarrassed.

He’s probably thinking “ this one will come back to haunt me”.

On 1/21/2020 at 10:58 AM, eM_Pe said:

The following pre-season matches have just been announced by the official Unia Leszno website:

March 16th (Monday) Swindon Robins – Unia Leszno
March 23rd (Monday) PRACTICE Leszno: Swindon Robins & Unia Leszno
March 24th (Tuesday) Unia Leszno – Swindon Robins

Doyley posted something about this Leszno meeting, I got the impression he wasn't over impressed by the prospect .....

Doyle moaning? Get away :D

• Haha 1

Ronnie Russell featured on BBC West tv news tonight. Swindon track review in Star this week, with tribute to Danny Ayres, and feature on Lee Ashby, well worth read. Didn't realise Danny made guest appearance for Robins.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Ronnie Russell featured on BBC West tv news tonight. Swindon track review in Star this week, with tribute to Danny Ayres, and feature on Lee Ashby, well worth read. Didn't realise Danny made guest appearance for Robins.

Thanks for that information. I will buy a copy this week.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cdakev said:

Thanks for that information. I will buy a copy this week.

Good interviews with Doyley Lindgren and Janowski as well, plus England speedway team in 70s 80s, and the 1980 test v USA at Blunsdon.

Edited by auntie doris

13 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Good interviews with Doyley Lindgren and Janowski as well, plus England speedway team in 70s 80s, and the 1980 test v USA at Blunsdon.

I went to that test. Blunsdon was packed

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cdakev said:

I went to that test. Blunsdon was packed

Same here, great meeting and there were thousands there 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Same here, great meeting and there were thousands there 

They reckon 9000. But hundreds climbed in:D

So another much vaunted project in the hands of Swindon Borough Council is not going to happen. The much anticipated indoor ski slope.

Along with the new football stadium,  which has been talked about for the last 30 years and  the renovation of the few historic buildings which Swindon has, it ain’t happening.

What price the Speedway Stadium? You can release as many computer generated pictures you like. 

So another much vaunted project in the hands of Swindon Borough Council is not going to happen. The much anticipated indoor ski slope.

Along with the new football stadium,  which has been talked about for the last 30 years and  the renovation of the few historic buildings which Swindon has, it ain’t happening.

What price the Speedway Stadium? You can release as many computer generated pictures you like.