British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

1 hour ago, RobMcCaffery said:

But it's in the same place!

But that's not the place it was supposed to be in - as in the original plans, for which the houses were built, the stadium was supposed to move.

On 2/19/2020 at 2:46 PM, MattK said:

But that's not the place it was supposed to be in - as in the original plans, for which the houses were built, the stadium was supposed to move.

Yes, of course it was but that's irrelevant. The two stadium profiles overlapped and I cannot see how a few yards will produce significant noise differences. 

I strongly suspect that the people buying houses were told not to worry since the stadium was on its way out and now they realise that's not the case. They were foolish if they believed it. No doubt if this goes legal the truth will emerge. 

39 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I strongly suspect that the people buying houses were told not to worry since the stadium was on its way out and now they realise that's not the case. They were foolish if they believed it. No doubt if this goes legal the truth will emerge. 

I think you may be on the money here. Or at least told the stadium was "moving" without being told precisely where to or how far from its current position.

56 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Yes, of course it was but that's irrelevant. The two stadium profiles overlapped and I cannot see how a few yards will produce significant noise differences. 

15 minutes ago, MattK said:

I think you may be on the money here. Or at least told the stadium was "moving" without being told precisely where to or how far from its current position.

Actually, the website for the original sales for the homes listed the speedway stadium as a local amenity and a positive selling point. I know, because I looked.

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

Actually, the website for the original sales for the homes listed the speedway stadium as a local amenity and a positive selling point. I know, because I looked.

Tell that to the family who buy/bought the house that backs right onto the pits!

9 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Tell that to the family who buy/bought the house that backs right onto the pits!

I’ll buy it off them:-)

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

I’ll buy it off them:-)

just need to build a balcony on the end

• Like 1

How many actual hours of noise is there over a 12 month period, not a lot.

• Like 1

People still buy houses near major Airports. A speedway meeting typically last about 2 hours, roughly in those 2 hours there is

10 mins warm up in the pits

30 mins rider announcement and music

2 mins pit to gate inc gardening

15 mins racing.

So in a typical Speedway meeting there is less than 1 hour of interrupted noise once a week/fortnight.

Not a lot of noise really is there.  

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 8:45 PM, noggin said:

How many actual hours of noise is there over a 12 month period, not a lot.

There’ll be even less noise this season while we have a minute’s silence before each match for ...... Poole.     :)

• Haha 2

On 2/20/2020 at 5:05 PM, Grachan said:

I'm glad you have so much spare time. Did you not find it laughable? Might have been an idea to share this gem here. Better late than never and it's never too late to savour deep irony.

To get back to the point, whether the track was built on the original footprint or the revised one of a few yards away, anyone thinking there won't be serious noise problems is living in dreamland. And at that point I shall leave you all there. This is becoming a circular argument and being abused by those more interested in scoring points off others. 

Sweet dreams!

4 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I'm glad you have so much spare time. Did you not find it laughable? Might have been an idea to share this gem here. Better late than never and it's never too late to savour deep irony.

To get back to the point, whether the track was built on the original footprint or the revised one of a few yards away, anyone thinking there won't be serious noise problems is living in dreamland. And at that point I shall leave you all there. This is becoming a circular argument and being abused by those more interested in scoring points off others. 

Sweet dreams!

It didn't take long. I looked it up several years ago, when they were doing the initial selling, and I'm pretty sure I did post it at the time.

Do you have an attitude problem in real life or is it just on the internet?

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Grachan said:

It didn't take long. I looked it up several years ago, when they were doing the initial selling, and I'm pretty sure I did post it at the time.

Do you have an attitude problem in real life or is it just on the internet?

I am pretty sure you didn't. 

No I don't have an attitude problem, just a problem with those who keep niggling away at people which I have noticed with you for a while now. You begin to see a pattern of behaviour in people.

As for whether my approach here is different to my approach in life? Of course it is, I wouldn't let someone like you and several other forum members anywhere near me in real life.

Ironically Swindon's my nearest track but it isn't the kind of place I'd want to spend to much time or money at. Not the nicest or best-informed of supporters, rather like Poole. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

48 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I am pretty sure you didn't. 

No I don't have an attitude problem, just a problem with those who keep niggling away at people which I have noticed with you for a while now. You begin to see a pattern of behaviour in people.

As for whether my approach here is different to my approach in life? Of course it is, I wouldn't let someone like you and several other forum members anywhere near me in real life.

Ironically Swindon's my nearest track but it isn't the kind of place I'd want to spend to much time or money at. Not the nicest or best-informed of supporters, rather like Poole. 

I very much doubt long standing loyal supporters like Grachan or any of the others including me who you have picked fights with in the past would be seen dead with you at the speedway, so don't flatter yourself bus-boy.

• Like 4