British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

On 2/22/2020 at 10:28 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

I am pretty sure you didn't. 

No I don't have an attitude problem, just a problem with those who keep niggling away at people which I have noticed with you for a while now. You begin to see a pattern of behaviour in people.

As for whether my approach here is different to my approach in life? Of course it is, I wouldn't let someone like you and several other forum members anywhere near me in real life.

Ironically Swindon's my nearest track but it isn't the kind of place I'd want to spend to much time or money at. Not the nicest or best-informed of supporters, rather like Poole. 

Always love a nice bit of irony!!!!!  Or should that be 'bitter irony'?

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, charlie17 said:

Crikey Rob Mc you sound like a fun sort of guy...

I am charlie17, but with the right people. They give it out, they get it straight back at them. Prefer it if they had the brains to behave themselves.

• Haha 1

Feeding time at the zoo, I see - the reptiles coming out from under their stones. Have your twisted fun. 

Ironically Swindon's my nearest track but it isn't the kind of place I'd want to spend to much time or money at. Not the nicest or best-informed of supporters, rather like Poole. 

The feelings mutual, quite a relief actually, nearly as much as it is not to have to endure you on Sky anymore :cheers: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No I don't have an attitude problem, just a problem with those who keep niggling away at people which I have noticed with you for a while now. You begin to see a pattern of behaviour in people.

As for whether my approach here is different to my approach in life? Of course it is, I wouldn't let someone like you and several other forum members anywhere near me in real life.

I thought I remembered Grachan posting something similar before so I've done a quick check and found these 2 posts which confirm he did..

On 3/11/2017 at 8:34 AM, Grachan said:

On 2/20/2018 at 11:18 AM, Grachan said:

Is there a link to these objections anywhere? I've always been relatively positive about this happening, but once the developers start objecting then the slope gets more slippery. At the moment, literature online makes it clear that the stadium is right next door and lists it as a local amenity.

One thing, I think, that Swindon have in their favour over clubs like Reading and Coventry is an enthusiastic and determined promotion, plus a lot of backing from the local government. If this does fall through I feel that there will, eventually, be another track built somewhere. I do wonder if they shouldn't be looking at options down that route anyway just in case.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

I thought I remembered Grachan posting something similar before so I've done a quick check and found these 2 posts which confirm he did..

Looking forward to Rob saying sorry

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Interesting thing about the link is that it no longer mentions the speedway as a leisure facility, whereas it did at the time of posting.

• Sad 1

Sadly the Swindon - Leszno test on March 16th has now been called off (apologies if that's not really news to anyone here).

The 2nd leg on March 24th in Leszno is doubtful but still on the cards.

2 hours ago, eM_Pe said:

Sadly the Swindon - Leszno test on March 16th has now been called off (apologies if that's not really news to anyone here).

no real surprise for me the meeting in poland is still a possibility has it suits the poles not travel !!

On 3/3/2020 at 3:26 PM, geoff58 said:

no real surprise for me the meeting in poland is still a possibility has it suits the poles not travel !!

Any proof of that - link please ;)

16 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Any proof of that - link please ;)

ask the one who is suggesting its off ???

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2020 at 1:20 PM, eM_Pe said:

Why, money? Or the coronavirus?

Edited by Trees

On 2/24/2020 at 8:59 AM, charlie17 said:

Crikey Rob Mc you sound like a fun sort of guy...

I think he often produces good, informed output. It's just the lapses into narky self-importance which spoils it, which is a shame.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 10:28 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

that's not very nice bud to say things like that about any body if you cant say anything nice don't say anything at all

• Like 1