British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

Guess that means no Jason if speedway returns this season then?.

Can’t blame him really.

14 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Guess that means no Jason if speedway returns this season then?.

Can’t blame him really.

Ii guess it depends on whether Doyle has signed an exclusivity contract with his Polish clubs, if Poland relaxes their 14-day quarantine law and how quickly short haul flights return to normal.

1 hour ago, MattK said:

Ii guess it depends on whether Doyle has signed an exclusivity contract with his Polish clubs, if Poland relaxes their 14-day quarantine law and how quickly short haul flights return to normal.

As it not been said that if you ride in Poland that you will not be able to ride for any other teams in any country and to be honest I don't think there will be any cheap flights as there once was. 

1 hour ago, MattK said:

The bits I've read indicate exclusivity is a core part of the revised Polish contracts

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MattK said:

If he's signed on the bottom line in Poland then he can't ride in any other country's leagues.  I've lost track of who else Swindon have signed? Does it also affect Batchelor or others?

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If he's signed on the bottom line in Poland then he can't ride in any other country's leagues.  I've lost track of who else Swindon have signed? Does it also affect Batchelor or others?

Only the Polish Extraliga is running this year which I think means that only Doyle, Nicki Pedersen, NKI, Brady Kurtz, Dan Bewley and Robert Lambert could be affected.  No-one else in the British leagues is up to that quality. Word is that  Nicki Pedersen has doubts about wanting to live in Poland for the remainder of the Summer & Autumn.  I would expect that Kurtz will follow Doyle to Poland, NKI will stay in Poland and the two English lads will stay here. But that's just my expectation.

Contrary to some of what's written, the "exclusivity" is not a speedway club driven thing, it's really just a reflection of the current need for a 14 day quarantine every time you cross the border into Poland. Until that law is relaxed, hopping back and forth over the border will be a thing of the past. And don't for a minute think that the British Leagues are the worst knock-on victims of that. The Swedish leagues relied far more heavily on Polish riders, and how the SGP series can possibly exist, other than for the 3 rounds in Poland, I can't imagine.

Edited by uk_martin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Only the Polish Extraliga is running this year which I think means that only Doyle, Nicki Pedersen, Brady Kurtz, Dan Bewley and Robert Lambert could be affected.  No-one else in the British leagues is up to that quality. Word is that  Nicki Pedersen has doubts about wanting to live in Poland for the remainder of the Summer & Autumn.  I would expect that Kurtz will follow Doyle to Poland, and the two English lads will stay here. But that's just my expectation.

Contrary to some of what's written, the "exclusivity" is not a speedway club driven thing, it's really just a reflection of the current need for a 14 day quarantine every time you cross the border into Poland. Until that law is relaxed, hopping back and forth over the border will be a thing of the past. And don't for a minute think that the British Leagues are the worst knock-on victims of that. The Swedish leagues relied far more heavily on Polish riders, and how the SGP series can possibly exist, other than for the 3 rounds in Poland, I can't imagine.

Tai woffinden said online last night that Bewley and Fricke would be travelling with him to Poland.Also mentioned possibly holding 6 GPs in Poland.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Tai woffinden said online last night that Bewley and Fricke would be travelling with him to Poland.Also mentioned possibly holding 6 GPs in Poland.

There you go. News developing before our very eyes. Fricke isn't contracted to anyone in Britain though, is he?

So who's shedding tears for Belle Vue then? No Bewley and no Kurtz?

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

There you go. News developing before our very eyes. Fricke isn't contracted to anyone in Britain though, is he?

So who's shedding tears for Belle Vue then? No Bewley and no Kurtz?

add kilidimand & lidsey to that that's 4 riders missing impossible to replace them and you can't have 4 guests so may has well withdraw from the league also fans have paid top price season ticket money to see these quality riders not guests & R/R ??

Just to put some meat on the bone with all of this chat. My understanding is that Sweden, Denmark & GB have blocked their riders signing in Poland “IF” they have jobs in their respective countries. Now can these contract be broken, I guess if there’s no guarantee of a start date in these countries then I guess it’s possible. Riders have until next week to commit to Poland & Poland only. Will have to stay in Poland for 5 months.

Will it be 28 day bans at first no-show???

Can't blame Doyle or anyone else who throws their hat in the ring to live and ride in Poland exclusively. Their top league at least is going to run so a chance for the riders to earn some money.  At the moment it's 50/50 at best that the UK will run a league program. We know unlike Poland we can't afford to run behind closed doors so are at the mercy of the government allowing fans into stadia which at the moment seems a long way off. 

I've read in a couple of football articles in the last day or two suggesting it maybe January before crowds are permitted back into stadia. 

Now I know speedway might be in a different position due to the low level of support which makes social distancing easier. 

• Like 1

If it's true that BV have lost 4 of their riders to Poland, I can't see how the PL can run this year, other PL team riders are heading east too.. 

Subject to easing of the lockdown, no reason why CL and NL can't run though.. 

6 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

If it's true that BV have lost 4 of their riders to Poland, I can't see how the PL can run this year, other PL team riders are heading east too.. 

Subject to easing of the lockdown, no reason why CL and NL can't run though.. 

Do you think six man teams may be an option, and a reduction of the points limit ?

Or even 5 man teams.. 

Will there be enough time, given the ongoing current uncertainty to get new teams together.. 

If the lockdown allows - a small group of us hope to do a mini tour, especially as we've cancelled 2 trips to Poland in May and June..