British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

Even if there is speedway from say July/August, the Premiership only needs 6 home and 6 away meetings to satisfy a 'league' commitment -  with or without any play-offs - as well as providing something for Eurosport.

Clearly there would need to be some rationalisation of season ticket costs for those fans already committed to them.

It would appear that Lee Kilby is this season's fixture guru for the BSPL and has already worked on several different fixture formats depending on any resumption date!!

Although not relevant for this section, the Championship could also resort to North and South division fixtures with the winner of each division meeting in a Final.

3 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Thanks for the attached Blu. Doyley as ever being as open and as honest about the situation.

Furthermore, Confirming my opinion that there will be no British Speedway this season. 

5 minutes ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Thanks for the attached Blu. Doyley as ever being as open and as honest about the situation.

Furthermore, Confirming my opinion that there will be no British Speedway this season. 

I suspect you may be correct English, we can only hope all clubs survive to re-open next year. Jason is a top man ...

"If there is an option and the restrictions are lifted" he will ride

Is that the COVID restrictions or the Polish restrictions....

One or other (or both) may give him no option IMO

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

"If there is an option and the restrictions are lifted" he will ride

Is that the COVID restrictions or the Polish restrictions....

One or other (or both) may give him no option IMO

Both presumably.

I see on the SGP article that all riders have to sign a contract to say that they are not contracted to any club in any other country.

35 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Both presumably.

I see on the SGP article that all riders have to sign a contract to say that they are not contracted to any club in any other country.

Exactly!!  If there is any UK speedway later in the year from say late July/early August any re-jigged or condensed league fixtures could have an effect on those clubs using 'doubling-up' riders aside from any issues arising from the foreign leagues and their contractual obligations.

25 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Batchelor has agreed terms with Rybnik.

Does Batchelor still live in Poland

3 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Does Batchelor still live in Poland

If he doesn`t already he will have to for a while.

Google translation from the article

Batchelor, however, has a contract in the British Isles and there was a risk that he would not agree to basking for the entire season in Poland and choose to ride in Swindon Robins. Especially that his life partner is expecting a child and she can't move to our country for several months. The Australian apparently calculated that even starting for smaller rates will earn more in Poland than in the British Premiership.

Edited by racers and royals

Well Batch is in the same traffic jam in Poland as Doyley this morning having travelled overnight by ferry to Holland.  I assume Batch also has gone with the same club blessing as Doyley?!

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Well Batch is in the same traffic jam in Poland as Doyley this morning having travelled overnight by ferry to Holland.  I assume Batch also has gone with the same club blessing as Doyley?!

Swindon wished him well on Twitter so yes seems so

swindon promoters should have shown the same vision as the pirates and be with us in the championship lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Should have took a flight.;)

4 hours ago, poole keith said:

swindon promoters should have shown the same vision as the pirates and be with us in the championship lol

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: