British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

3 hours ago, auntie doris said:

If Swindon don't re-open what a great last meeting at Blunsdon that was..Double Winners and hundreds chanting and singing..unforgettable evening:cheers::party::t:

Pretty bleak when you consider the same happened at Workington :(

• Like 1

Co-Promoters Rosco and Kilby have both stated that Robins will definitely be back in 2022.

• Haha 1

Feature on The Robins on BBCtv Points West, and interview with Rosco, didn't seem too upbeat..Will have to wait and see if they start on stadium this year:unsure:

Edited by auntie doris

Just once I'd love to see Clarke Osbourne keep his promise.

So many times with so many clubs he has let us down with his ongoing bull.

I fear for Poole as well.

• Like 1

Covid and now this is a perfect storm for Osbourne and gaming to close the stadium  and build houses on the site  . sadly i think maybe  we seen the last speedway at the abbey  . the really stupid bit is saying that part of the reason they cant run is because the  pie in the sky stadium was going to be built when the season was on . Anyone with any common sense would  build it close season. 

The local mp justin tomlinson and co should hang there heads in shame letting get this far as the stadium should have been built years ago and we should never  have got to this stage .

• Like 6

Absolutely no chance of speedway returning to Blunsden. Never trust anything coming from the mouth of Clarke Osborne. Stadia UK make their money from closing venues and selling them on for redevelopment. Stadia UK have never opened a new venue, in all their years of operation.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Co-Promoters Rosco and Kilby have both stated that Robins will definitely be back in 2022.

Got so much time for those guys. Swindon through and through. But even they must know deep down its the end . Myself and my mates I stand with accepted a long time ago the new stadium was never happening but we could accept that whilst the old girl was still standing. Osborne has said no one will be back at the old stadium and to me that says it all. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, orion said:

Covid and now this is a perfect storm for Osbourne and gaming to close the stadium  and build houses on the site  . sadly i think maybe  we seen the last speedway at the abbey  . the really stupid bit is saying that part of the reason they cant run is because the  pie in the sky stadium was going to be built when the season was on . Anyone with any common sense would  build it close season. 

The local mp justin tomlinson and co should hang there heads in shame letting get this far as the stadium should have been built years ago and we should never  have got to this stage .

Yeah how hard it is to build a stadium that's sat in storage and ready to be put together. I did ask Tomlinson on twitter which was in storage longer, the stadium or his pre written statement about why houses are now going on the site but he didn't respond! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah how hard it is to build a stadium that's sat in storage and ready to be put together. I did ask Tomlinson on twitter which was in storage longer, the stadium or his pre written statement about why houses are now going on the site but he didn't respond! 

I had many spats with him about the subject .. he always makes excuses like Gaming do ... as i said to him he just become an apologist for them . what makes me angry is when hes been doing this you get Robins fans saying thanks etc like he on there side .unreal 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

yeh right !! like they said the pre-built stands were in storage in wales :nono: who has been paying storage fees ?????  why don't they answer that 1st ???

1 minute ago, orion said:

I had many spats with him about the subject .. he always makes excuses like Gaming do ... as i said to him he just become an apologist for them . what makes me angry is when hes been doing this you get Robins fans saying thanks etc like he on there side .unreal 

Yeah he couldn't wait to be pictured outside the stadium with a shovel or be interviewed over the PA at a meeting when apparently good news has come out. Ask him a question about the delay tho and he's not interested. Can't wait to see what rubbishe he comes out with when the housing is announced. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

yeh right !! like they said the pre-built stands were in storage in wales :nono: who has been paying storage fees ?????  why don't they answer that 1st ???

Exactly. A few pictures of this stadium in storage and everyone would shut up for a while! Suppose you can't photograph something that doesn't exist! 

• Like 3

If the new stadium is actually built then to suspend this season makes perfect sense as building work at present can continue during the Lockdown.  

Unfortunately the track record of CO and his cronies and what has happened when they have been involved with other tracks doesn’t bode well for the future of the Robins although I hope for all Swindon supporters I am wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah he couldn't wait to be pictured outside the stadium with a shovel or be interviewed over the PA at a meeting when apparently good news has come out. Ask him a question about the delay tho and he's not interested. Can't wait to see what rubbishe he comes out with when the housing is announced. 

You know what he will  say ... He will search high and low for a new site... that will never  happen of course 

Just now, thecoombdog said:

Exactly. A few pictures of this stadium in storage and everyone would shut up for a while! Suppose you can't photograph something that doesn't exist! 

that's what i don't understand why the deceipt to the fans why tell lies be honest with the fans :cry:

• Like 1