British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

I think it's in the same storage unit as the roof for the Odsal superdome :rofl:

Maybe the superdome is being used to keep the new stadium dry?

20 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Are the dogs still going to run when the so called stadium works are being carried out???If they are then I'd say that's the biggest indication that speedway won't be running for this year and TR knows this so let his fans know early 

The point was made that dog racing could survive 2021 without crowds but speedway couldn’t   

There’s more to this than just the stadium and the real truth about what’s gone on at Swindon will seep out over time. After all the smoke and mirrors excuses by all concerned you can bet it’s mainly about money! 

Edited by Speedtiger
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MattK said:

I don't believe that. As tenants, I think the speedway club are fully aware of what is going on and have been all along. If they are not aware, then Rossiter and Kilby are negligent in their roles.

clarke osborne has kept terry russell in the dark all along matt,i doubt even the senior managers at stadia uk know any details,i believe matt ford has at times found it impossible to even  make contact with osborne let alone get any information from him.There may be other reasons as well but i believe the total and continous frustration and despair with the stadium situation has contributed to terry russels decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

clarke osborne has kept terry russell in the dark all along matt,i doubt even the senior managers at stadia uk know any details,i believe matt ford has at times found it impossible to even  make contact with osborne let alone get any information from him.There may be other reasons as well but i believe the total and continous frustration and despair with the stadium situation has contributed to terry russels decision.

Interesting to read Clarke Osborne's profile on Linked-in: My background is in accounting. I have through my career been an Accounts Manager, Company secretary, Finance director, Property Director, Managing Director and CEO, all within a PLC enviroment.

I have created and built new organisations in diverse business fields and in recent years successfully Chair a number companies and organisations.

I have international experience in Ireland, France, Spain, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and Japan.

Specialties: Team building and management, Change Management, Complex Negotiations, Company Aquisition and Disposal, Management Buy Out, Government Liaison, Complex Property Development, Food and Beverage, Major Public Facility Management and Promotion, Gambling systems management, Greyhound Racing Promotion, Media Rights.

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

Interesting to read Clarke Osborne's profile on Linked-in: My background is in accounting. I have through my career been an Accounts Manager, Company secretary, Finance director, Property Director, Managing Director and CEO, all within a PLC enviroment.

I have created and built new organisations in diverse business fields and in recent years successfully Chair a number companies and organisations.

I have international experience in Ireland, France, Spain, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and Japan.

Specialties: Team building and management, Change Management, Complex Negotiations, Company Aquisition and Disposal, Management Buy Out, Government Liaison, Complex Property Development, Food and Beverage, Major Public Facility Management and Promotion, Gambling systems management, Greyhound Racing Promotion, Media Rights.

...and keeping people in the dark as regards my intentions fobbing them off with all sorts or excuses.

6 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...and keeping people in the dark as regards my intentions fobbing them off with all sorts or excuses.

To be fair I don’t think TR would be fobbed off to easily, he a is smart promoter who knows the score. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

To be fair I don’t think TR would be fobbed off to easily, he a is smart promoter who knows the score. 

I'm sure you are correct but Osbourne has history whist at Oxford until the SOS Committee stepped in!

Nigel Pearson was talking about Swindon situation and Speedway general on Talksport today ay 14:50.

Edited by topaz325

3 minutes ago, Bunce said:

...and wasn't he involved with the ill-conceived return of Bristol Speedway although plaudeted at the time? Planning permission was never granted if memory serves hence its closure after two short years?

Edited by steve roberts

22 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Nigel Pearson was talking about Swindon situation and Speedway general on Talksport today ay 14:50.

Anything said regarding the league in 2021?

3 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

...and wasn't he involved with the ill-conceived return of Bristol Speedway although plaudeted at the time? Planning permission was never granted if memory serves hence its closure after two short years?

He was. I have programmes from Bristol and his photo is in them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghosty said:

modesty not a strong point

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Anything said regarding the league in 2021?

Nothing new really , he was just hoping to see some racing this year.