British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Anything said regarding the league in 2021?

Just hopeful that the season could start in May!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

modesty not a strong point

I notice construction of new stadiums doesn't appear among his many talents.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Just hopeful that the season could start in May!

Tom Cruise has heard about this and says he is ready to take on this Mission Impossible !!

Edit - Isn't it weird how if a football stadium gets a new one it puts the club on a stronger footing but if a speedway one tries to get one you are scared it is going to close the club down.

Edited by lisa-colette

7 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Interesting to read Clarke Osborne's profile on Linked-in:Ā My background is in accounting. I have through my career been an Accounts Manager, Company secretary, Finance director, Property Director, Managing Director and CEO, all within a PLC enviroment.

I have created and built new organisations in diverse business fields and in recent years successfully Chair a number companies and organisations.

I have international experience in Ireland, France, Spain, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and Japan.

Specialties: Team building and management, Change Management, Complex Negotiations, Company Aquisition and Disposal, Management Buy Out, Government Liaison, Complex Property Development, Food and Beverage, Major Public Facility Management and Promotion, Gambling systems management, Greyhound Racing Promotion, Media Rights.

And building houses on whereĀ Ā speedway tracks once wereĀ 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, orion said:

And building houses on whereĀ Ā speedway tracks once wereĀ 

...Thanfully he didn't get away with it at Cowley during the middle seventies although time seems to have caught up at Oxford although I hope that I'm proved wrong with that observation.

So Doyley has decided to switch back to Sweden for 2021 so won't be riding for anyone else in the Premiership.

Link to Swindon website on Speedwaygb Premiership club listing has now disappeared. Sad times.

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

Link to Swindon website on Speedwaygb Premiership club listing has now disappeared. Sad times.

What with both Oxford and Reading long departed and now the immanent closure (?) of Swindon sad times indeed. Great local derbies over the years.

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

What with both Oxford and Reading long departed and now the immanent closure (?) of Swindon sad times indeed. Great local derbies over the years.

No different to the Wimbledon v Hackney, Wembley, West Ham & White City derby's in my lifetime Steve. So long ago, it seems like it never happened.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

No different to the Wimbledon v Hackney, Wembley, West Ham & White City derby's in my lifetime Steve. So long ago, it seems like it never happened.

Yes during my three years following the "Rebels" used to enjoy the local derbies and visits to London. Not quite the same but Oxford's nearest National League rivals were Milton Keynes...another venue long gone. :(

Firstly .....Surely the Planning Permission granted for the new development requires a greyhound/speedwayĀ Ā  stadiumĀ Ā  toĀ Ā  beĀ Ā  provided ?Ā  Anyone should be able to see a copy of the planning documents.

Secondly... I do hope Jason Doyle was given advance warning of the risk of Swindon not racing in 2021, given his much publicised loyalty to remain with Swindon in 2021. If not, hope he was suitably compensated. Sadly another poor advert for resaons to be loyal to British Speedway : - (

Thirdly .... Swindon should have no problems finding Speedway eacing accessories shoudl the y need them in 2022. There must still be a rusting portakabinĀ  at Lakeside Speedway containing a set of flags, a start gate and a kit of parts for a safety fence. Rye Hosue may also have a selection of second hand parts.

Ā 

Ā 

Despite what the press release said the other day this doesn't look very good for the future of speedway at Swindon.

Swindon are finished that stadium will be pulled down there will be no comeback in 2022 no new stadium anyone that thinks otherwise needs to get real