British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

On 4/20/2021 at 1:22 PM, Racin Jason 72 said:

No speedway club profits from greyhound racing. While some share the stadium the greyhound stadiums are all owned by council or greyhound companies 

not one speedway owned stadium allows greyhound racing in their stadium. 
I understand your position but speedway promotions are not responsible in this situation.  Although I can see why the two sports seem connected. 
good luck to you 

Thanks @Racin Jason 72 - that's good to hear.

My comment was aimed at those who continually tell us that, without greyhound racing, the track at Swindon wouldn't be able to function and therefore the speedway would disappear.  I find that stance disappointing.  But good to hear that not one speedway owned stadium allows greyhound racing.  I thought that was the case but good to have it confirmed.

On 4/26/2021 at 6:47 PM, BuxtonTiger said:

So it's about time Swindon, Somerset and Poole stop messing about and say we are History.

Disappointed that none of these top west country sides aren't in Premiership, much poorer without this trio of trophy winners.

56 minutes ago, JessicaJones said:

Thanks @Racin Jason 72 - that's good to hear.

My comment was aimed at those who continually tell us that, without greyhound racing, the track at Swindon wouldn't be able to function and therefore the speedway would disappear.  I find that stance disappointing.  But good to hear that not one speedway owned stadium allows greyhound racing.  I thought that was the case but good to have it confirmed.

No problem.  I wish you luck in your campaign 

Swindon is gone sadly mark my words :(

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Disappointed that none of these top west country sides aren't in Premiership, much poorer without this trio of trophy winners.

But life will go on without them. Just like we survive without Exeter, Bristol and many others.

16 hours ago, GAH said:

Won't be winning any more trophies :nono:

18 hours ago, GAH said:

Yes i see that Kilby bloke has left for Eastbourne . Rats leaving a sinking ship.

4 hours ago, GAH said:

Won't be winning any more trophies :nono:

2 hours ago, Toto said:

Yes i see that Kilby bloke has left for Eastbourne . Rats leaving a sinking ship.

If I didn't know better I'd think you two separate posters are celebrating in another clubs problems.

• Like 3

Just now, Grachan said:

If I didn't know better I'd think you two separate posters are celebrating in another clubs problems.

Not celebrating just saying how it is.

On 4/20/2021 at 12:54 PM, JessicaJones said:

There are standalone speedway tracks here and there are many other uses of a speedway track that could be used to subsidise speedway.  Gaming International have reported a loss in their last set of accounts for 2018 and 2019 so I can't see that greyhound racing as a spectator sport has a future at Swindon.  And to rely on that to subsidise speedway is very short sighted.  Far better to propose alternative uses for the stadium that are more financially viable.

The stadium itself is in a terrible state and it's hard to believe that GI Ltd are going to come good on their promise to redevelop it, especially as they are a loss making company and greyhound racing is in decline in the UK.    

As you have been told many times in the past speedway clubs all makes losses and that includes Swindon .Not sure you quite understand that speedway is on  the decline in the uk.  You be told these facts a million times but still it wont sink it..

35 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It gives the minnows like Belle  Vue a chance to win a trophy :D Swindon and Poole have been dominant in recent years.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Of course they are.GAH waiting for Belle Vue to be only team left in league then they will finally win a trophy:rofl:

• Like 1

This Geoff guy seems a right pillock. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Pinny said:

This Geoff guy seems a right pillock. 

hes a retired guy so should know better, hes no spring chicken