British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

On 5/5/2021 at 12:22 PM, JessicaJones said:

Going to now 'ignore' the last four posters.  I replied to someone's comment with an honest answer about whether I ate meat (I do not and no, I don't support any sport that involves cruelty to animals) and get rude messages back as a result.  I understand that my stance on eating meat will make some people feel uncomfortable.  I used to feel the same.  We often get accused of hypocrisy by people saying that we oppose greyhound racing but still eat meat.  Can't win with that one!  If I said I ate meat, I'd get accused of hypocrisy.  When I say I don't, I get derided for that and get told that's pathetic.  

You can join Orion in saying what you like about me now as I won't see it (happily).

I came on here to support the speedway team and to see if our groups could work together.  I appreciate those who have engaged with me in a constructive way and will just use the ignore button on the unpleasant ones.  Life is too short.

You lot are all the same but love the odd sausage eh?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Diamondboy said:

You lot are all the same but love the odd sausage eh?

Is that with ketchup, brown sauce or nothing at all.. :)

My Dad died of a brain tumour three weeks ago so forgive me for realising that life is too short to spend my time responding to any of your 'banter' on here.  

Happy to have constructive discussions about how we help each other with the speedway track.  Otherwise I'll be hitting the ignore button.

2 hours ago, JessicaJones said:

My Dad died of a brain tumour three weeks ago so forgive me for realising that life is too short to spend my time responding to any of your 'banter' on here.  

Happy to have constructive discussions about how we help each other with the speedway track.  Otherwise I'll be hitting the ignore button.

Sorry for your loss but this was one fight you were never going to win.

18 hours ago, Diamondboy said:

Sorry for your loss but this was one fight you were never going to win.

Not sure what 'fight' you are referring to. I didn't come on here to fight with anyone.  I was asked if I ate meat.  I said no.  I made the point that if I had said yes, I would have been called a hypocrite for eating animals but wanting to defend dogs, but when I said no, I get wisecracks from a number of you (though as I've now 'ignored' a number of posters, I have no idea what they have said).  When I say I don't eat meat, people always ask why, and then they never like the answer.  

I don't like the platitude of 'be kind' as it's a bit patronising but having recently lost my Dad in a distressing way to then come on here and get nasty comments was not nice.  I do think some posters on here should think twice about how they respond to people.  All too easy to sit behind a keyboard and type out nasty comments because they find it amusing.

I've broken my rule of responding but I will step away for now.  Perhaps at some point our groups could support each other but I think it's only a matter of time before GI Ltd end up closing the stadium and selling it for housing.  I hope the speedway team manage to find another site if that happens and is able to run the sport without relying on greyhound racing to prop it up.

Up up and away

Edited by Trees

Followed Anders Rowe's scores in Poland last year, the experience must have done him good.. 

What a great start to his PL career.. 

Keep it up young man.. :t:

• Like 1

We were told that the Stadium work would start in early summer .... what do people class as early summer  ? maybe it depends on the weather :rofl:

9 minutes ago, orion said:

We were told that the Stadium work would start in early summer .... what do people class as early summer  ? maybe it depends on the weather :rofl:

There is a shortage of wheelbarrow's at the moment!

29 minutes ago, orion said:

Perhaps they've been rained off and the rearranged meeting will take place at a later date :)

Early summer = 1st June. Not long now ;) 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, cityrebel said:

There is a shortage of wheelbarrow's at the moment!

Certainly one thing that there is no shortage of.....bullsh!t

• Like 1

Not really followed The New Abbey updates.   So what is the likelihood of Speedway being back there in 2022 or any year.  Has the Club been sold a pup with this new track promise ? 

2 hours ago, semion said:

Not really followed The New Abbey updates.   So what is the likelihood of Speedway being back there in 2022 or any year.  Has the Club been sold a pup with this new track promise ? 

Woof woof!

Was it Alun Rossiter who posted a pic of the new greyhound track fencing, I hoped that was a hint that everything is go for next season??