British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

It would be great to get an update on the Swindon situation, I'd certainly want to be knowing if I was a Swindon fan!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Trees said:

It would be great to get an update on the Swindon situation, I'd certainly want to be knowing if I was a Swindon fan!

Write to Gaming International at Swindon Stadium - you never know you may get a reply?!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Write to Gaming International at Swindon Stadium - you never know you may get a reply?!

No...we wont!

• Like 1

And still no sign of action as we move toward autumn. It seems we've just given up now. Where's the fan club that was so vocal back in the day? Are they just resigned to losing the Robins? Why aren't the Adver trying to get answers? I realise they lift most of their "news" from Facebook these days but there must still be one old fashioned reporter up there with a pencil behind his ear?

Between the useless SBC, who care for little but more houses, and the stadium owners, who truly speak with fork tongue, it seems they've truly played a blinder. And being lied to is an even more bitter pill to swallow than the loss of the speedway. 

But then our hand was pretty weak against people who are more interested in money than being honest and doing what they've said all along that they would do.

Edited by BuzzCagney
  • Like 2

On 8/22/2021 at 12:44 AM, Trees said:

Sounds like they're being strung along just like whenever magnificent Mick Horton was asked about the search for a new stadium for Coventry!

42 minutes ago, iainb said:

Sounds like they're being strung along just like whenever magnificent Mick Horton was asked about the search for a new stadium for Coventry!

We haven't heard anything  from him for such a long time , perhaps he's searching so far away now that there is no form of communication available there.;)

• Haha 1

Just drove past the Shabbey..couple of big machines in car park, but no sign of sections of new lego stadium?!

What's going on with crowds at greyhound meetings there now? The holding page of the Swindon stadium website is an outdated message saying the public are being allowed in from 16th August?

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Just drove past the Shabbey..couple of big machines in car park, but no sign of sections of new lego stadium?!

I don’t even want a new stadium i just want the speedway to  be back come next April.The new shape track took time to bed in but fair play to the management it ended up  creating some great racing Doyley/ Rasmus being terrific from the back.Hand on heart we have all been skanked here cannot see speedway coming back hope i am wrong.Of course all speedway fans want us to survive but the two I feel sorry for are Alun/Lee they are just like us in the dark.I  just feel a bit of honesty is owed to us the Swindon fans in reality the situation now is seriously taking the p….         out of us.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I don’t even want a new stadium i just want the speedway to  be back come next April.The new shape track took time to bed in but fair play to the management it ended up  creating some great racing Doyley/ Rasmus being terrific from the back.Hand on heart we have all been skanked here cannot see speedway coming back hope i am wrong.Of course all speedway fans want us to survive but the two I feel sorry for are Alun/Lee they are just like us in the dark.I  just feel a bit of honesty is owed to us the Swindon fans in reality the situation now is seriously taking the p….         out of us.

They spent 50 grand on re-shaping the track, was much better racing.

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

They spent 50 grand on re-shaping the track, was much better racing.

I was sceptical Doris loved the Abbey with its long straights BUT it had been mainly poor as a spectacle  for a while .2019  to change the track was a huge step  for the management and the racing was very very good the odd blip along the way but that new track had different lines and the racing was good.

• Like 3

No statement from the Club about the stadium in ages on  what is  or in this case what is not going on ..a poor show by anyone standards 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

No statement from the Club about the stadium in ages on  what is  or in this case what is not going on ..a poor show by anyone standards 

The club can't say anything if they are not being told anything by GI