British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

So if they came out and said 'We've met with GI but they can't tell us anything different at the moment', that would be enough for Robins supporters?

3 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I will say this for the third time; fan need to protest outside Mr. Osbornes house

Well that will get the police involved I suppose. 

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So if they came out and said 'We've met with GI but they can't tell us anything different at the moment', that would be enough for Robins supporters?

Different from what ? The Stadium  should been built by early summer so if they meet with  them they should have been told what the delay is and  quite clearly there is a delay .

If Ga have   refused  to talk or wont give any info then the statement should tell us that . That would show that the club are making a effort to chase it  up  rather that waiting for something that clearly is not going to come ....You cant keep quiet when your speedway club is on the verge of closing its about keeping the pressure on and keeping it in the public eye not doing what they want you to do .

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

IF it was your club would you be happy with that reply, no would you, you would want your promotion to give more detail surely?  Maybe Swindon fans need to get in touch with their local MP to see if they can find out some detail??

26 minutes ago, Trees said:

IF it was your club would you be happy with that reply, no would you, you would want your promotion to give more detail surely?  Maybe Swindon fans need to get in touch with their local MP to see if they can find out some detail??

No point .. he  comments on the  facebook  swindon fans  saying that he can't get hold of anyone or that its been sign off he cant do anything about it .

He's been a complete let down to the fans even thou he  was  warned  by them  about  about GI  when the project started  and they have just walk all over him and  now he  has no power over them bar saying they cant built any more houses .. Just waiting for the final bs from him telling us  he will search for a new site for us what of course he won't 

8 hours ago, orion said:

No point .. he  comments on the  facebook  swindon fans  saying that he can't get hold of anyone or that its been sign off he cant do anything about it .

He's been a complete let down to the fans even thou he  was  warned  by them  about  about GI  when the project started  and they have just walk all over him and  now he  has no power over them bar saying they cant built any more houses .. Just waiting for the final bs from him telling us  he will search for a new site for us what of course he won't 

It annoys me big time that the promotion aren't saying a word, they know how much the club means to the fans but silence, not golden in this case :(

• Like 3

Keep badgering the local MP, the local councillor, keep badgering the planning committee of councillors. Tell them you are still here and waiting, the long game won’t work. Request regular updates, next plan of action etc, request a meeting with them.

They are your representatives and 100’s of emails and letters hitting their desks will create some response. It worked to get Birmingham up and running in 2007.

Is the supporters club still active? Something co-ordinated by them is a good start.

Edited by Deano

21 minutes ago, Deano said:

Keep badgering the local MP, the local councillor, keep badgering the planning committee of councillors. Tell them you are still here and waiting, the long game won’t work. Request regular updates, next plan of action etc, request a meeting with them.

They are your representatives and 100’s of emails and letters hitting their desks will create some response. It worked to get Birmingham up and running in 2007.

Is the supporters club still active? Something co-ordinated by them is a good start.

Maybe Lee Kilby will come back to lead some fan pressure, now that he has little to do in Sussex?  Can't expect Rosco to do too much at the moment as he is still laid up after his knee operation.  Is Terry Russell still the owner?

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Maybe Lee Kilby will come back to lead some fan pressure, now that he has little to do in Sussex?  Can't expect Rosco to do too much at the moment as he is still laid up after his knee operation.  Is Terry Russell still the owner?

I really don’t know, I’m not close enough to the situation in Swindon. All I can offer is what previous “Save Our Speedway” campaigns have done. Every effort needs to be made to ensure the stadium does not get knocked or burnt down. Without serious financial implications put on the owners via the council.

9 minutes ago, Deano said:

I really don’t know, I’m not close enough to the situation in Swindon. All I can offer is what previous “Save Our Speedway” campaigns have done. Every effort needs to be made to ensure the stadium does not get knocked or burnt down. Without serious financial implications put on the owners via the council.

Can't see it being 'burnt down' as GI are still operating the greyhounds but someone 'prominent' should be lobbying the Swindon Advertiser to start campaigning - theres nothing the local politicians like less than negative media attention.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Can't see it being 'burnt down' as GI are still operating the greyhounds but someone 'prominent' should be lobbying the Swindon Advertiser to start campaigning - theres nothing the local politicians like less than negative media attention.

Good start. The momentum needs to be maintained though. Brian Buck is good at advising supporters on what is required. He does post on here now and again.

Have the club or fans not got a Facebook page?

Either official of unofficial? 

If so, that must be good for a couple of thousand people or more to email off and start the ball rolling..

Acquiescence is no tactic in this situation...

3 hours ago, Deano said:

Maybe Swindon don't have a promoter to ask the big questions. When this awful season is over, will anyone want to run it.