British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

Very disappointing for all those Swindon fans.

it would be a shame to lose a club with a long history in Speedway

• Thanks 1

The doggies not affected. Another nail in the coffin for British speedway, and disappointment for those few thousand Robins fanatics that celebrated the double success 2 years ago on the Shabbey terraces.:(

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

Very disappointing but not unexpected, this seems to be very much like the Reading situation, hope not speedway cant afford to lose Swindon, another club with a great history, really missed my trips down there.

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

That’s the rumour

Well having announced that they (Oxford) intend to race on Fridays - then they won't be replacing Swindon in the Premiership will they?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well having announced that they (Oxford) intend to race on Fridays - then they won't be replacing Swindon in the Premiership will they?

AGM is next month

Suicide for Oxford to run at any level above Junior Nl etc  ... Surely lessons have been learned from recent history ... Talking about running before your walking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orion said:

Suicide for Oxford to run at any level above Junior Nl etc  ... Surely lessons have been learned from recent history ... Talking about running before your walking 

Oxford would be better off following the isle of Wight style of meetings, it has to be better than the BSPL

• Like 2

Didn't release it was such big housing development to the North West of the stadium until I looked on Google Maps.Really hope things turn out well for the Robins fans and speedway returns to the Abbey.Really enjoyed my trips down to Swindon over the top of Birdlip,and it will be a massive loss if the sport loses one of its iconic sides.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Didn't release it was such big housing development to the North West of the stadium until I looked on Google Maps.Really hope things turn out well for the Robins fans and speedway returns to the Abbey.Really enjoyed my trips down to Swindon over the top of Birdlip,and it will be a massive loss if the sport loses one of its iconic sides.

Roads on nearby estate honouring past riders, Richardson, Kilby, Holloway, Kurmanski, Teo, Hewlett, Malone, Shuter, and the only one still living Hitch.

Edited by auntie doris

23 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Well the Premiership doesn't require fixed race nights anymore so it's anyone's guess.

• Confused 1

if the builders could source some land not suitable for housing but ok for a speedway track they could build to their heart's content and Robins could be safe

7 minutes ago, ch958 said:

if the builders could source some land not suitable for housing but ok for a speedway track they could build to their heart's content and Robins could be safe

Can't see what the incentive is for the builders is to do that. I would imagine most land is much more valuable as housing than a greyhound/speedway stadium.

• Like 1