British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

1 hour ago, PirateShip said:

Well the Premiership doesn't require fixed race nights anymore so it's anyone's guess.

Why not? With pretty much every rider doubling up both leagues still need to avoid each others race nights.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Can't see what the incentive is for the builders is to do that. I would imagine most land is much more valuable as housing than a greyhound/speedway stadium.

land not suitable for housing my post says. The stadium land worth boatloads to them in return for a scraggy bit of land out of town. Just a suggestion like

7 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Roads on nearby estate honouring past riders, Richardson, Kilby, Holloway, Kurmanski, Teo, Hewlett, Malone, Shuter, and the only one still living Hitch.

Shouldn't one have been called Broadbank(s) think he served the Robins for about 15 years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PirateShip said:

https://youtu.be/NjAH2VDsykg

Check out this video Swindon stadium as it is now.

They are still running greyhounds there aren't they?

As far as speedway is concerned, its all looking good imo. Pits are being re-located. Main stand (series of portakabin-type units) will be on the old back straight as per the plans.

Acoustic sound-proofing barrier walls to be erected!

Edited by Skidder1

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

They are still running greyhounds there aren't they?

As far as speedway is concerned, its all looking good imo. Pits are being re-located. Main stand (series of portakabin-type units) will be on the old back straight as per the plans.

Acoustic sound-proofing barrier walls to be erected!

Yes greyhounds but they don't make the noise speedway does and with the houses so close there will be many complaints .

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Yes greyhounds but they don't make the noise speedway does and with the houses so close there will be many complaints .

Those houses were backing onto the pits before racing stopped, which is why the pits are being re-located! 

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Those houses were backing onto the pits before racing stopped, which is why the pits are being re-located! 

Some were but I am sure there have been many more built now. I hope they can sort it out because Blunsdon is one of the better racetracks and usually well attended.

I sincerely hope the Swindon's Robin does still go bob bob bobbing along long into the future.

That said, whether houses were there before or not can be irrelevant because residents who have lived there before may like the peace and quiet all the time now.

As soon as the bikes start up again......:cry:

Well let's hope the acoustic barrier etc appeases the locals and Swindon get the green light to race again :t:

17 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

Re noise - there are houses close by, and all the length of the back straight at Belle Vue.

I can only assume the acoustic barrier does its job as everything seems harmonious.

They have one woman at Belle Vue who constantly complains about the noise.... even through the close season.

Just an observation.....A mate told me he saw a greyhound meeting from Blunsdon on the TV  in the past week. 

I posted the Swindon video, let's hope the Christmas update video shows a more positive outlook.

On 11/23/2021 at 3:30 PM, PotteringAround said:

They have one woman at Belle Vue who constantly complains about the noise.... even through the close season.

We can beat that at Perry Barr! We had one woman who complained about the noise on a Saturday evening - when the Brummies were racing away at Rye House! When we wrote to point this out to her, she still insisted that she could hear the noise and also felt ill because of the smell of the petrol!!!