British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

I see they've scraped all of the banking away, which made for a perfect view of the action. And a noise barrier too. 

Their motivations still seem to be suspect to me.

1 hour ago, BuzzCagney said:

I see they've scraped all of the banking away, which made for a perfect view of the action. And a noise barrier too. 

Their motivations still seem to be suspect to me.

Maybe it's going to be a one sided 'stadium' like Wolves.

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Maybe it's going to be a one sided 'stadium' like Wolves.

The problem with Perry Barr is that viewing outside is awful, you can't high enough above the track. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

The problem with Perry Barr is that viewing outside is awful, you can't high enough above the track. 

If they've taken away the grass banking at Blunsdon, the only other option would be to install terracing.

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

If they've taken away the grass banking at Blunsdon, the only other option would be to install terracing.

And I can't see that happening.

They've got a few artic trailers that they'd have us believe is going to be the new stand. It doesn't look impressive to me.

zOWspvR.png

Edited by BuzzCagney

On 12/6/2021 at 5:53 PM, brianbuck said:

We can beat that at Perry Barr! We had one woman who complained about the noise on a Saturday evening - when the Brummies were racing away at Rye House! When we wrote to point this out to her, she still insisted that she could hear the noise and also felt ill because of the smell of the petrol!!!

Used to be a woman who complained about Hull in the Boulevard days, she lived about a mile away from the stadium & reckoned she got hit by stones when hanging out her washing.  This also somehow happened when the Vikings were in fact riding away, perhaps they were at Birmingham :rolleyes:....

4 hours ago, BuzzCagney said:

And I can't see that happening.

They've got a few artic trailers that they'd have us believe is going to be the new stand. It doesn't look impressive to me.

zOWspvR.png

It doesn't need to be impressive - just functional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Dog punters like to be wined and dined. Sitting in a portacabin won't do the job. They need proper restaurant facilities.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

For the promised £6m I need to be impressed. We've been fobbed off for too long. I want to see an investment in the future not some slapdash job. Swindon as a town deserves something nice. God knows the council aren't interested.

15 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Dog punters like to be wined and dined. Sitting in a portacabin won't do the job. They need proper restaurant facilities.

Totally agree. So as the stadium owners are also the greyhound promoters maybe Robins fans will get something decent after all?!

4 hours ago, BuzzCagney said:

For the promised £6m I need to be impressed. We've been fobbed off for too long. I want to see an investment in the future not some slapdash job. Swindon as a town deserves something nice. God knows the council aren't interested.

How many parking spaces will be available outside the stadium? Very much reduced from the old days I would imagine - if so are there other parking options. 

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

How many parking spaces will be available outside the stadium? Very much reduced from the old days I would imagine - if so are there other parking options. 

There was talk of park and ride facilities being available.

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

There was talk of park and ride facilities being available.

Amazon are currently using the fairly nearby p&r although that may change when the big New depot opens....hundreds of there delivery vans currently sit there eating to get called to there Hub....so maybe eventually it may become available

9 hours ago, eric i said:

Still a lot of stuff coming down and nothing going up, but hopefully this is a good sign.