British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

The way I see it is the weather hasn't been detrimental to the building work, the so called modular buildings are in situ, so sounds more like more stalling by GI, with a statement coming soon it will be too late to race in 2023. Unfortunately I can see Swindon going the same way as Reading and Coventry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've noticed that a few people on twitter have asked the question to Tomlinson about why the work has stopped and his response was that he didn't have an update. You would have thought someone who was so vocal about being part of saving speedway in Swindon would have wanted to see this through to the end but clearly not.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

I've noticed that a few people on twitter have asked the question to Tomlinson about why the work has stopped and his response was that he didn't have an update. You would have thought someone who was so vocal about being part of saving speedway in Swindon would have wanted to see this through to the end but clearly not.

Showing his true colours.....interested to see Lee Kilby speculating about the scrap metal AKA prefab sat in the car park being the 'new' buildings.....I wonder if anyone with Swindon Speedway has actually asked the question?! perhaps they are scared of what the actual answer is? Quite bewildering really 

• Like 1

I see the standard statement we are positive about riding next season has been dug out again.    Zzzzz.. How about  some answers to why the work has stopped  etc what the local mp etc is doing etc etc. Can't wait to November after we get done over again.Dont tell me we are positive about riding in 2024 and all the riders are as keen as mustard to ride for us. . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is your chance Robins fans - Join the protest at the stadium on Monday 27th June at 6pm 'Save Our Stadium' with the Swindon Advertiser in attendance.

23 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Here is your chance Robins fans - Join the protest at the stadium on Monday 27th June at 6pm 'Save Our Stadium' with the Swindon Advertiser in attendance.

Come on then Robins fans where is your support?

13 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Well I will be in attendance as will a good number going by local social media 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Just not on this forum any more perhaps? 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Just not on this forum any more perhaps? 

Does seem to be less on here these days....mostly see them on the Robins Facebook groups 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 6:50 PM, Skidder1 said:

I think it's great that people are doing this but unfortunately I think all it will do is draw G.I and Tomlinson out of hiding and we will finally get the BS reason why it won't ever happen.  We will then get a load of bluster from Tomlinson about how the council will support us looking for a new venue. Crooks the lot of em.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

I think it's great that people are doing this but unfortunately I think all it will do is draw G.I and Tomlinson out of hiding and we will finally get the BS reason why it won't ever happen.  We will then get a load of bluster from Tomlinson about how the council will support us looking for a new venue. Crooks the lot of em.

From the outset i always said Tomlinson last gambit will be we hope to find you a new Venue . Hopefully thou i think its  to late we at last we  getting everyone to understand that Gaming were never going to build a stadium .. Still in shock that it's took so long for so many for  the penny to drop .

The irony of course that people behind tomorrow project are the ones who ridiculed people who raised doubts about Gaming int in the first place 

Jason Doyle to announce 'exciting' news about 2023 at 7pm on his Facebook and presumably twitter account?

52 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Jason Doyle to announce 'exciting' news about 2023 at 7pm on his Facebook and presumably twitter account?

Signed a new lucrative deal at Ipswich for next season...:)

• Like 1