British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You said that last year and we were a winner if i remember rightly you once slated Doyley last year you said you did not rate him says it all really.

Yes, it was bad team building last season with two poor reserves and Lampart, all of whom were replaced, and we got lucky with Rasmus.

Next year’s team is going down the same road. Rosco’s only excuse must be that Musielak will not ride the UK and that Morris wants to return to Wolves.

It looks like our best hope is to have Jeppesen/Stewart at 2 on a 4 point average (unless we can fit Pickering on 4.36) and Perks 3.57 and Kemp 3 at reserve.

Regarding Doyle, I have only ever said that he is not in the same class as Leigh Adams and that he should be averaging a point more in this league.

6 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Unless another change in the rules has not been reported anywhere

If so, that’s poor judgment.

It was one of the better ideas of the BSPA to do away with Jack Smith type two pointers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes, it was bad team building last season with two poor reserves and Lampart, all of whom were replaced, and we got lucky with Rasmus.

Next year’s team is going down the same road. Rosco’s only excuse must be that Musielak will not ride the UK and that Morris wants to return to Wolves.

It looks like our best hope is to have Jeppesen/Stewart at 2 on a 4 point average (unless we can fit Pickering on 4.36) and Perks 3.57 and Kemp 3 at reserve.

Regarding Doyle, I have only ever said that he is not in the same class as Leigh Adams and that he should be averaging a point more in this league.

Anders Rowe was fairly confident about securing a team place in the premier league from an article in the star the other week so the rules must have changed just like the 1 x over 8.

With bonus point Doyley averages 9.96, means he's team riding more!!!

Edited by hyabb17

4 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Unless another change in the rules has not been reported anywhere

If it has changed Orlov and he did come in on a three with Adam in as well we could get a four pointer meaning Ellis Perks could stay at reserve.Then after the first averages come out the management could stake stock and maybe make a change later on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

Good point, but Leigh Adams was a better team rider and averaged 10.

Just now, DC2 said:

No-one even gets close to Leigh in my eyes, I was trying to put some meat on the bone that's all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Leigh was a class act but Doyley has won a world title therefore putting him above him.

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Alun made a change and got it right with Rasser he did not get lucky? give credit where it is due.Seeing as you are dead set against the shape of this side you give us what your 1/7 would be?? seeing as you think you are more capable than Alun/ Lee.

I think there was a certain amount of fortune with Jensen however good the scouting was. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

No-one even gets close to Leigh in my eyes, I was trying to put some meat on the bone that's all.

Briggo and Crump senior does.!!!

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Leigh was a class act but Doyley has won a world title therefore putting him above him.

Do you really believe that?

Leigh was a legend in team speedway in every country for ten solid years and came second and had other top five finishes in the World Championship riding against similar speedway legends, Rickardsson, Gollob, Crump and Hancock.

Doyle’s competitors were emerging poles who hadn’t won a title, a hot and cold and often injured Woffinden and a 45 year old Greg Hancock.

12 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

For himself/individually but not above him as far as team contribution goes.  I'd never say Muller was above Jessup for example.

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Do you really believe that?

Leigh was a legend in team speedway in every country for ten solid years and came second and had other top five finishes in the World Championship riding against similar speedway legends, Rickardsson, Gollob, Crump and Hancock.

Doyle’s competitors were emerging poles who hadn’t won a title, a hot and cold and often injured Woffinden and a 45 year old Greg Hancock.

Totally right and Leigh is up there with the likes of Farndon, Duggan,Warren,Jessup, Carter,Sigalos, Ward, T.Jansson ( ect) who were all good anough to be a world champion.Doyley has gone a different route to most riders a slow burner he has recovered from horrendous injuries and won the pinnacle of our sport.

Edited by Sidney the robin

34 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Already tried telling him that!!!!