British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Quick question - is Perks definitely at reserve? Just asking.

Probably. Pretty obvious that a 4 pointer should be signed.

Wells, Jeppesen or Stewart, but every chance that Rosco will go for the budget option of Stefan Nielsen.

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

They didn't have to do much homework to know Jensen would improve a lot! As for Perks he has had some indifferent seasons but always a capable rider but really kicked on last season and good luck to him.

Really? You think it was obvious that he was going to improve to the magnitude that he did? Best do the lottery on Saturday if so. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Really? You think it was obvious that he was going to improve to the magnitude that he did? Best do the lottery on Saturday if so. 

I didn't  say that , I said it was thought by many he was going to improve a lot mot to the magnitude he did which was amazing.

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Exactly. Nobody saw that coming. He has ridden several seasons in the 2nd tier without ever looking like a huge top flight moment was in the cards. 

Fluke signing but still a huge one in the scheme of things. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I didn't  say that , I said it was thought by many he was going to improve a lot mot to the magnitude he did which was amazing.

I think most people thought after the start he made for Glasgow that he would be a decent signing for Swindon who would improve a bit and  bolster their bottom end. He went way, way beyond that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

They didn't have to do much homework to know Jensen would improve a lot! As for Perks he has had some indifferent seasons but always a capable rider but really kicked on last season and good luck to him.

So that’s why all the other clubs were in for him then?.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

So that’s why all the other clubs were in for him then?.

I think he was a bit pricy so only the wealthy robins could afford him! 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think he was a bit pricy so only the wealthy robins could afford him! 

The fact is that Rasmus Jensen averaged over 3 points what we signed him on. However you spin it that was a great signing & homework would have been done. Rosco even said he wanted to sign him previously but averages but paid to that. 

So back to Swindon 2020 ..............

No real idea why, but I have a sneaky feeling we may see THJ back as a Robin next year?

Edited by 65Sarge

4 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

The fact is that Rasmus Jensen averaged over 3 points what we signed him on. However you spin it that was a great signing & homework would have been done. Rosco even said he wanted to sign him previously but averages but paid to that. 

Really? So why didn’t Rosco sign him instead of Lampart at the start of the season?

3 minutes ago, 65Sarge said:

So back to Swindon 2020 ..............

No real idea why, but I have a sneaky feeling we may see THJ back as a Robin next year?

I bloody hope not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Really? So why didn’t Rosco sign him instead of Lampart at the start of the season?

Averages. We signed him after some changes in ours which allowed it to happen (and before his went up at Glasgow the following week)

Edited by hyabb17

4 minutes ago, 65Sarge said:

So back to Swindon 2020 ;)

No real idea why, but I have a sneaky feeling we may see THJ back as a Robin next year?

He won’t fit if we sign Adam Ellis. He would if we had Nick Morris instead.

1 minute ago, hyabb17 said:

Averages 

But that’s not true, is it?

Wouldn’t Rasmus have fitted instead of Lampart?

Or Bellego in 2018?