British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

42 minutes ago, acef said:

Had Tobi stayed fit then no changes would have been needed, although I still think you'd have got Jensen.

This year is different with a longer tail and I fully expect that Alun will make at least 1 change.

Swindon’s 2020 starting team is probably on a par with the 2019 starting team:

Doyle.       Doyle

Stewart.   Lampart

Jensen.    Musielak

Ellis.          Ellis

Batchelor  Batchelor

Perks         Wajtknecht 

Rowe.        Shanes

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Doyle.       Doyle

Stewart.   Lampart

Jensen.    Musielak

Ellis.          Ellis

Batchelor  Batchelor

Perks         Wajtknecht 

Rowe.        Shanes

For me this years side has youth on its side plenty of longterm potential  in the team and it should improve as the season goes along.

11 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

For me this years side has youth on its side plenty of longterm potential  in the team and it should improve as the season goes along.

Hmmm.

Perks achieved only 3.57 in the PL this year and Stewart and Rowe were well below him in the CL so your expectations may be high.

All three will need much better equipment and they will do well to average 3 Rowe, 4.5 Stewart and 4.5 Perks.

34 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Hmmm.

Perks achieved only 3.57 in the PL this year and Stewart and Rowe were well below him in the CL so your expectations may be high.

All three will need much better equipment and they will do well to average 3 Rowe, 4.5 Stewart and 4.5 Perks.

Apparently Anders has 6 new Ashtech engines lined up.  Ellis does need faster engines as well, maybe he and Stewart can raise some money to buy any of Jasons 2019 engines that he is no doubt changing. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Apparently Anders has 6 new Ashtech engines lined up.  Ellis does need faster engines as well, maybe he and Stewart can raise some money to buy any of Jasons 2019 engines that he is no doubt changing. 

Look at Claus Vissing, an 8.43 CL rider, who rode ten matches for Swindon, seven at home, and still ended up with only a 3.4 average for this year.

And Ryan Douglas, an 8.31 CL rider and everyone’s favourite, but he achieved only 4.66 from 15 matches for Wolves.

Perks was the best of our three on 6.4 CL.

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Look at Claus Vissing, an 8.43 CL rider, who rode ten matches for Swindon, seven at home, and still ended up with only a 3.4 average for this year.

And Ryan Douglas, an 8.31 CL rider and everyone’s favourite, but he achieved only 4.66 from 15 matches for Wolves.

Perks was the best of our three on 6.4 CL.

Yet many claim there’s no difference between the two leagues!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DC2 said:

Doyle.       Doyle

Stewart.   Lampart

Jensen.    Musielak

Ellis.          Ellis

Batchelor  Batchelor

Perks         Wajtknecht 

Rowe.        Shanes

Don't agree. I think Perks and Rowe are much better riders than Zak and James. 

Lampart was always going to be useless and whilst Stewart is unproven I fully expect him to do a better job than the pole did.

5 hours ago, DC2 said:

Hmmm.

Perks last year rode alot better than his average suggests and all the fans could see the passion and effort that he put in.Also those three i suggest are better options than Wells who you suggested who last year was dreadful and is on the slide.Stewart looks like he can be a fans favourite improve and most fans on the forum have mentioned him as a real good option to most sides.Grachan mentioned this the other week on the thread DC2 that it is like you want Swindon to fail???. You  were critical last year moaning about the bottom end of the side yet they won the double and you were one who still never give  the team the credit  it was due.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, acef said:

Don't agree. I think Perks and Rowe are much better riders than Zak and James. 

Lampart was always going to be useless and whilst Stewart is unproven I fully expect him to do a better job than the pole did.

Perks and Rowe might be a better pair.....but Rowe is nowhere near as good as Shanes!

48 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Perks last year rode alot better than his average suggests and all the fans could see the passion and effort that he put in.Also those three i suggest are better options than Wells who you suggested who last year was dreadful and is on the slide.Stewart looks like he can be a fans favourite improve and most fans on the forum have mentioned him as a real good option to most sides.Grachan mentioned this the other week on the thread DC2 that it is like you want Swindon to fail???. You  were critical last year moaning about the bottom end of the side yet they won the double and you were one who still never give  the team the credit  it was due.

Scotty fan ( Poole fan) is a bit like DC2 is  towards Poole Sidders. You actually wonder if they are fans of their clubs, or just enjoy it when we/they fail. 

Extraordinary attitude. 

9 minutes ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Scotty fan ( Poole fan) is a bit like DC2 is  towards Poole Sidders. You actually wonder if they are fans of their clubs, or just enjoy it when we/they fail. 

Extraordinary attitude. 

I’m a Swindon fan, stating my view.

I’m trying to be objective.

If better choices regarding team building occur to me I’ll point them out.

Forums are for good mannered discussion, not towing the party line.

1 hour ago, GiveusaB said:

Perks and Rowe might be a better pair.....but Rowe is nowhere near as good as Shanes!

Is a zero point return any worse than a zero point return? ;) I don't expect Rowe to be there at the business end of the season. No criticism of him, but I think we'll see a replacement once the team average drops. 

8 hours ago, DC2 said:

Team building Wells in a top 5?? ???      you are  totally right though you are entitled to your opinion.My only gripe is you never give the team and management the credit they were due when they won the double achieveing something you were convinced they were not capable of..For me every season is a new challenge there will be good/bad over a period  but if you had told me that we would of won three title's  since 2010  that is something  i would never of  dreamed possible.

12 hours ago, DC2 said:

Yes, I agree with you and you are right, forums are indeed a place for discussion and debate. I just feel that your posts are often tinged with negativity about Swindon, team building and Rosco. In the current era, we have a winning team that have won 3 titles and a cup. Surely it’s time to rejoice and be positive!

I have been going to Blunsdon since the early 70’s supporting the team home and away for quite a few seasons. Apart from a few close finishes, we’ve never looked like winning the title, especially in the 70’s. 

We are still at Blunsdon and surviving as a club. Looks like another competitive team has been built again with the best rider in the league as our number one. Happy days!

12 minutes ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Yes, I agree with you and you are right, forums are indeed a place for discussion and debate. I just feel that your posts are often tinged with negativity about Swindon, team building and Rosco. In the current era, we have a winning team that have won 3 titles and a cup. Surely it’s time to rejoice and be positive!

I have been going to Blunsdon since the early 70’s supporting the team home and away for quite a few seasons. Apart from a few close finishes, we’ve never looked like winning the title, especially in the 70’s. 

We are still at Blunsdon and surviving as a club. Looks like another competitive team has been built again with the best rider in the league as our number one. Happy days!

You like myself  ER must pinch yourself on how the success on the track has panned out over the last decade.For me winning is great but it is not everything it is not my number one priority enjoying the night out is.Last year the racing generally was very good the track is improving week on week with different lines appearing.In Alun / Lee we have a great management team who have raised the bar at the club and last year was the first year for quite a while that i had looked forward to a Thursday racenight.