British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

23 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Pickering in the top 5, too much pressure?

But Stewart in the top 5 isn’t?

Pickering is 6.98 CL, Stewart is 5.74.

And Proctor 6.84 CL at reserve would undoubtedly increase his 4.43 PL average and quite probably put Pickering at reserve early in the season.

I don’t think you quite realise how many last places Rowe, Perks and Stewart are facing.

Forget championship averages they are totally irrelevent, the difference is Stewart will have four big hitters to carry him certainly at home Pickering would not .I like Pickering and in the side Alun has assembled he would fit nicely but i also like Jordan.Also your side for me has not got anough definite heat winners in it and you are taking it on trust that Musielak, Ellis, Jensen will push above the mid 7 plus mark.

Edited by Sidney the robin

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Forget championship averages they are totally irrelevent, the difference is Stewart will have four big hitters to carry him certainly at home Pickering would not .I like Pickering and in the side Alun has assembled he would fit nicely but i also like Jordan.Also your side for me has not got anough definite heat winners in it and you are taking it on trust that Musielak, Ellis, Jensen will push above the mid 7 plus mark.

My side has not got enough definite heat winners? 

So you don’t think Doyle, Jensen, Ellis and Musielak would win heats or Proctor/Pickering and Stewart at reserve?

You do say some daft things.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DC2 said:

So you don’t think Doyle, Jensen, Ellis and Musielak would win heats or Proctor/Pickering and Stewart at reserve?

museilak ?? not riding ???

50 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Not daft at all they will win heats of course but are  you telling me Doyle,Batchelor, Jensen,Ellis won't win more heats than Doyley,Jensen,Ellis,Musielak i think you are wrong in that estimation.Also your side makes us weaker in heats 13/15 and Musielak ,Jensen, Ellis have not yet proved that they are in /out number 2s you are presuming they can progress.The side Rossiter has named means that Razzer can challenge Batch and Adam can challenge Razzer at there own pace i would not want Razzer pressured into being a in/out number two in the averages even though he looks capable.Also you seem to have a downer on Ellis Perks? why last year he rode his socks off and he can improve again.

Ignore what certain people say Tobiasz wasn't going to riding over here this year so pointless anyone bleating on about him.....DC2 accusing anyone of saying daft things is pure irony considering the bilge he comes out with! 'Doyle no class'...Crump senior a 'journeyman'...Ricky Wells a top 5 rider?...rest my case

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Ignore what certain people say Tobiasz wasn't going to riding over here this year so pointless anyone bleating on about him.....DC2 accusing anyone of saying daft things is pure irony considering the bilge he comes out with! 'Doyle no class'...Crump senior a 'journeyman'...Ricky Wells a top 5 rider?...rest my case

Really? Didn’t Rosco say Tobi was available to ride next year if picked?

Let’s see how Wells does next year compared to Rowe, Perks and Stewart.

And whether Tobi does actually ride in the UK.

15 hours ago, DC2 said:

Really? Didn’t Rosco say Tobi was available to ride next year if picked?

Let’s see how Wells does next year compared to Rowe, Perks and Stewart.

And whether Tobi does actually ride in the UK.

I don't particularly   care what Wells does in the Championship, i hope he is on a faster moped than he was on this season he was dreadful.Why have a downer on Perks/Rowe, Stewart? , all three are still trying to make there way in the sport.good luck to all three of them i say.Hagonshocker did make me chuckle there with him reminding me of that ridiculous statement you made that Phil Crump was just a journeyman.God Crump (snr) carried alot of bang average Swindon sides for years he was a total LEGEND in my eyes.

On 12/14/2019 at 7:34 AM, Sidney the robin said:

Crump (snr) carried alot of bang average Swindon sides for years he was a total LEGEND in my eyes

Never missed a chance BackThen to watch him ride. Legend indeed.

2 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Never missed a chance BackThen to watch him ride. Legend indeed.

To have Briggs, Broadbanks, Ashby, Kilby, Crump, Autrey, Adams,  Ward, Doyley, donning the Robins racejacket at one time or another  has been a real pleasure. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

To have Briggs, Broadbanks, Ashby, Kilby, Crump, Autrey, Adams,  Ward, Doyley, donning the Robins racejacket at one time or another  has been a real pleasure. 

Saw all of those you mentioned Sid. My all time favourite differs from yours I think. 

For his consistent high performance and averaging over 10 for a number of seasons, plus his contributions to his team, both on and off the track, it has to be the little master, Leigh Adams. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Saw all of those you mentioned Sid. My all time favourite differs from yours I think. 

For his consistent high performance and averaging over 10 for a number of seasons, plus his contributions to his team, both on and off the track, it has to be the little master, Leigh Adams. 

Have to say Briggs for me and the rest i can't split, so lucky to have seen them all.My other Robins favourites it has to be Holloway/ Hitch  the bread and butter riders of our sport proper speedway men How good was Leigh as a team rider ER?? that is something that Briggo was not renowned for he even admitted it.

Yes, I can’t quite remember Barry Briggs, but I think I may have seen him once or twice at Blunsdon. 

One other “bread and butter “ rider who was really popular amongst supporters was Geoff Bouchard. He was one of the worst gaters I’ve ever seen, but provided great entertainment as he chased down, and eventually inevitably passed his opponents ( especially at Blunsdon).  Bouchard was incredibly brave, often making passes inches from the fence  

Adam’s team riding was something else. He used to ride so close to his team mate....always covering the inside line. I recall sublime team riding with the late Lee Richardson and he used to nurse Travis McGowan around Blunsdon on a regular basis.  Additionally, Adams and Zagar was a sight to behold  You could almost sense the two of them were enjoying every minute of their team riding (usually in heat 15) of that great half season they had together as Robins  

Leigh always looked for his team mate. The familiar quick glance across as he entered the first turn, watching to see if his team mate was making the move around the outside, then another look as he exited bend two. Brilliant stuff. 

21 minutes ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Yes, I can’t quite remember Barry Briggs, but I think I may have seen him once or twice at Blunsdon. 

One other “bread and butter “ rider who was really popular amongst supporters was Geoff Bouchard. He was one of the worst gaters I’ve ever seen, but provided great entertainment as he chased down, and eventually inevitably passed his opponents ( especially at Blunsdon).  Bouchard was incredibly brave, often making passes inches from the fence  

Adam’s team riding was something else. He used to ride so close to his team mate....always covering the inside line. I recall sublime team riding with the late Lee Richardson and he used to nurse Travis McGowan around Blunsdon on a regular basis.  Additionally, Adams and Zagar was a sight to behold  You could almost sense the two of them were enjoying every minute of their team riding (usually in heat 15) of that great half season they had together as Robins  

Leigh always looked for his team mate. The familiar quick glance across as he entered the first turn, watching to see if his team mate was making the move around the outside, then another look as he exited bend two. Brilliant stuff. 

Have a hazy recollection of sitting a short distance from Geoff Bouchard's accident at Leicester which I think ended his riding days, it looked quite a harmless fall from what I can remember. The Blackbird Road track had developed a bit of a berm on the city end bends which meant if anyone went over the "wrong" side of it, they could get into trouble and I think  that was the case. When I later learned of his injuries I was very saddened and surprised. Think he became involved at Leicester until they closed (machine examiner or something similar) and last I heard he was still living in north Leicester.

4 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Two other riders who come to mind  ER that   Leigh really  helped were  David Ruud and James Wright.  ( He is returning to the Championship level in 2020 I want him to do well.) .

15 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Two other riders who come to mind  ER that   Leigh really  helped were  David Ruud and James Wright.  ( He is returning to the Championship level in 2020 I want him to do well.) .

Yes, I’d forgotten about David Rudd. Those two together were often brilliant. 

James Wright regularly practiced after meetings at Somerset Sid. Looked really fast and up for it ( obviously it’s easy to look good on your own). He also regularly “spannered” for his brother Charles  

Personally I think James has seen his best days.