British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

Used to watch the Wright Bros. up at Worky 2004/5, James was flying number 6, Charles a second-halfer. Always had time for a chat at Worky and Belle Vue, the local team they followed.

Edited by auntie doris

9 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Yes, I’d forgotten about David Rudd. Those two together were often brilliant. 

James Wright regularly practiced after meetings at Somerset Sid. Looked really fast and up for it ( obviously it’s easy to look good on your own). He also regularly “spannered” for his brother Charles  

Personally I think James has seen his best days. 

Yes went to Buxton in 2003/4 ? V the Sprockets  Holloway rode and James was awesome young Charles then was just starting.out..The Championship is a tough league now and Newcastle for James won't be an easy home track to master he has done well on the grass track in recent years  hope he does well.

8 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Used to watch the Wright Bros. up at Worky 2004/5, James was flying number 6, Charles a second-halfer. Always had time for a chat at Worky and Belle Vue, the local team they followed.

Didn’t they come over from America?  :)

On 12/20/2019 at 10:15 PM, DC2 said:

Didn’t they come over from America?  :)

Used to fly then as well, apparently.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Hope everyone has a Happy Christmas and a prosperous  new year and special greeting's to all the budgie fans.

Have a great Christmas Sid and the same goes to all my fellow Robins fans (even that miserable sod DC!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Have a great Christmas Sid and the same goes to all my fellow Robins fans (even that miserable sod DC!)

DC seems to be in a very positive mood these days  coombdog, very hopeful that the Budgies can do well.I can't wait to be honest and everything crossed that young Anders can be on the pace i love local riders being a fixture in the Budgies team.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

DC seems to be in a very positive mood these days  coombdog, very hopeful that the Budgies can do well.I can't wait to be honest and everything crossed that young Anders can be on the pace i love local riders being a fixture in the Budgies team.

Yeah there is nothing to be afraid of when you look at other teams. If the top 4 ride to form then we only need a bit of improvement from the other 3 and we will be ok. Hopefully they are patient with Rowe.

• Like 2

Merry Christmas peeps if you see someone wearing this around Old Town  give me a shout Ho Ho Ho 

s-l300 (1).jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Merry Christmas peeps if you see someone wearing this around Old Town  give me a shout Ho Ho Ho 

s-l300 (1).jpg

Why, has someone nicked it?

• Haha 1

Hagon is a bit of a fashion icon in Swindon’s Old Town I’ll have you know......

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, EnglishRoundabout said:

Hagon is a bit of a fashion icon in Swindon’s Old Town I’ll have you know......

You've heard then.....Cord blazer and skinny jeans ....:drink:

Edited by hagonshocker

7 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Did you see him in Primark ER !!!!

Only when buying vouchers for others.....:D:rofl:

• Haha 2