3. Peter Kildemand

4. Adam Ellis

5. Rasmus Jensen 

6. Ellis Perks

Edited by ReadingRacer2017
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Swindon Advertiser already in ASDA orbital

Can you send a pic on here of the two page spread please? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

1. Jason Doyle 8.96

3. Adam Ellis 6.49

5. Rasmus Jensen 7.86

6. Ellis Perks 3.57

15.62 Remaining

Nice start to team building. Looking forward to seeing Doyley vs Nicki!

On 11/19/2019 at 1:01 PM, Aces51 said:

Anders Rowe is without doubt an excrement prospect for the future and is making good progress but he is certainly not ready  yet for PL.

I believe Anders will be ready within the next two season's, he has made huge strides and technically is a very good rider.I have only seen him ride a few times but people who have seen him ride regularly  say he is an excellent white line rider but his showing's at Scunny and the brilliant NSS show he is improving at the bigger and faster tracks.I would love to see us have a really strong reserve all year and with Anders at no 8 ready to come in at any opportunity.Leicester have shown with the Thompson twins that British youngsters have to be given opportunities but at the right time.

Edited by Sidney the robin

No surprise that Doyle returns but would have also expected them to announce that Batch not returning

The story in “today’s” adver only mentions JD has signed...I thought we were announcing 3 other riders as per the article in the adver at Asda orbital....strange!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

that's the best way to start bring your best back first shame  I wont be seeing you  next season  still at least I got eurosport

23 minutes ago, ray c said:

that's the best way to start bring your best back first shame  I wont be seeing you  next season  still at least I got eurosport

It is the perfect start for me. 

• Like 1

Is having a top heavy side the way the fans want to go again next  year or should we go in a  different direction.? Great news about Doyley for me he stays riding for us as long as he rides in British speedway a real legend.He is  in our top 6 riders ever alongside Briggs, Crump, Ashby, Adams, Kilby.

13 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Top heavy worked ok last season

Exactly, with the right riders around it, I'd want the Robins to keep the core of Doyle, Batchelor, Ellis, Jensen & Perks. I'm assuming as mentioned previously that Musielak is sitting out UK in 2020.

May well leave a long tail but it would be a shame to see Batchelor sacrificed as he was great this season. Let's see what Rosco can come up with

Edited by Reliant Robin
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Exactly, with the right riders around it, I'd want the Robins to keep the core of Doyle, Batchelor, Ellis, Jensen & Perks. I'm assuming as mentioned previously that Musielak is sitting out UK in 2020.

May well leave a long tail but it would be a shame to see Batchelor sacrificed as he was great this season. Let's see what Rosco can come up with

I can't see Batch being retained unfortunately due to his average being almost similar to Doyle's. 

I can see us with the following 4: -

Doyle - 8.96

Jensen - 7.86

Ellis - 6.49

Perks - 3.57

This would leave 15.62 for 3 spots. Rosco has previosuly said that riders who haven't been in the Uk for a while have been in contact - Could this be Kildemand - his average would be 7.10 which would then leave 8.52 for two spots. Perhaps a young Swede or Dane on a 4 at reserve with Perks??? Jeppesen or Mads Hansen would fit the bill for me.

Saying all of that, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Brady Kurtz signed to ride at 5....He's proven how good he is on our new track & with Doyle at 1 will have no pressure like he did when at Poole.....7.54 average isn't too bad. That would then leave 8.08 for two spots.

Edited by hyabb17

Did top heavy really work?

It came down to getting successful replacements

ie Jensen replaced a rider that may well have dropped to reserve in most teams whilst Rasser become one of the top averaged riders in the league

Had that turned out like for like then Swindon may not even have secured a top 4 place. That type of change wont happen every year....

• Like 1