British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

Big mistake signing Batch - will leave a longer tail than previous seasons - although he fully deserves to be back on merit.  Doyle and Batch will take too many points in the team average.  Hope I am wrong but it means that Rosco has to find a few Mueslis and Rassers on low averages IMHO

With the signing of Batch i don't expect you will see Jensen back.Shame really as i thought he had turned Swindon around last season after putting was it over 3pts on his average.Personally i think Jensen may find it hard to get a team place next season which is sometimes how it goes after being successful the previous season.Unfortunately in this game sometimes you are a victim of your own success.

• Like 1

Quick maths would suggest no Rasser. If we kept Ellis, Musielak & Perks it would  leave 8.45 for two spots.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tellboy said:

With the signing of Batch i don't expect you will see Jensen back.Shame really as i thought he had turned Swindon around last season after putting was it over 3pts on his average.Personally i think Jensen may find it hard to get a team place next season which is sometimes how it goes after being successful the previous season.Unfortunately in this game sometimes you are a victim of your own success.

I think you are right.  He is on a high average which isn’t good for team building.  Whoever signs him is signing a trier though and it would be a shame if someone didn’t sign him up

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Well that was a surprise & I really think that Rasmus will attain his average as he isn’t a Bellego who can only ride 2 or 3 tracks. Happy that Troy is back & with Adam & Ellis nailed on it will be interesting to see what Rosco has planned.

• Confused 1

Batchelor is a much better 'second heat leader' than a No1 so it makes perfect sense to have him back..

Ht 13 and 15 should deliver points advantages most meetings (if Doyle is needed), and Doyle and Batchelor's six other heats will deliver  at least three other individual victories I would suggest so Swindon can never lose points in those heats and, at home at any rate, should pick up heat advantages with at least a third for their other rider..

You can see the 8 heats (if both do Ht15), involving these two delivering at least a ten point swing in Swindons favour I would think and worst case scenario not too many 'game changing' 1-5's...

Add in three from Musielak, Jensen, Ellis and Perks and you have another solid side whoever comes in lower down..

And keep more of those all important 'fan favourites' from a Championship winning team..

Edited by mikebv

Taken from Totalsport Swindon 

“It’s been hard and I'm sure there will be a few moans as there always is about team selection,” said Rossiter.

“There will be a minimum of two changes to the squad, there could be more but it depends on the way things work out.

“It’s interesting trying to put a new team together given the points restriction.

"I’m working hard and trying to get deals done so we will see what happens,” said Rossiter. 

12 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Rosco says in this week's Star that having both Doyle and Batch is till a possibility!!! 

And that at no time has Musielak ever said he wouldn't be doing UK next season!!

So now it's out. Gonna be very interesting how the rest shapes up.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So now it's out. Gonna be very interesting how the rest shapes up.

Yeah it will. Mentions two changes now. One would assume Vissing will miss out, the other one must be from Rasser or Tobi IMO, your thoughts? 

59 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Doyle, Batchelor, Jensen,Ellis, certainties ? Perks,Pickering? and another?  i believe Tobi will miss out.

I thought there was he wont be over here next season anyway tobi I mean

Doyle 8.96

Batch 8.82

Ellis 6.49

Bellego 5.80

Morris 5.38

Perks 3.57

Nielsen 3.81 

Slightly above 42.50 (42.83) but I think there a few 2.5% reductions in that line up that will take it below 42.50

You could even include Alpen, in place of Bellego and sacrifice Nielsen for a 3.00 or low 3.00. 

Would Morris come back? I don’t know. He didn’t set the world on fire last year but I know he is capable of much better, used to be mustard at Swindon and clearly the early season injury affected him. Riding at 2 with Doyle would boost his confidence again as it has for young Adam. 

• Like 1

Happy for Troy. He deserved to keep his place. From a team-building point of view is does put a big question mark over Rasmus, who looked a more likely returnee. But Troy deserves his place, although whether it's the best move in terms of the overall strength of the team is questionable.

I think this will be a team built with mid-season changes lower down the order in mind.

So, does this mean that the "2 over 8" rule has been ditched?

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 1