British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

4 hours ago, Grachan said:

Still a lot of stuff coming down and nothing going up, but hopefully this is a good sign.

Agree,fans will be happier when see buildings going up.

Terry Russell seemed very confident of speedway running in 2023 in last week's Speedway Star interview as well as having a 'pop' at the FIM and Polish Speedway!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Agree,fans will be happier when see buildings going up.

The Pits in particular! 

On 1/17/2022 at 7:44 AM, Grachan said:

Still a lot of stuff coming down and nothing going up, but hopefully this is a good sign.

Drove past the stadium at the weekend and there doesn't seem to have been much progress in the last couple of months. I saw someone from the greyhounds say that work was expected to be finished around June time so no chance of that now and silence from all involved. They were obviously prepping the ground works for housing. 

• Sad 1

The Abbey video 

For me it looks like a stand is being built because if the drainage etc was for housing surely u would see the drainage spaced out equally plus individual foundations for each house which there isn't.

I'm confident it's a stadium but I can't see it being ready to declare intention to run in 2023 but I hope I'm proved wrong of course.

Also the dogs are still running so hopefully that's cause for optimism? :t:

Let's hope those Red Red Robins keep bob bob bobbing along ;) :t:

Edited by Turnip

Speedway doesn’t need posh stands as grass banks, toilets, food & alcohol kiosks & a decent track that is already there.

Got to have hope as rubbish seeing all our double winners doing well for other British teams 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2022 at 12:02 PM, Skidder1 said:

Terry Russell seemed very confident of speedway running in 2023 in last week's Speedway Star interview as well as having a 'pop' at the FIM and Polish Speedway!!

I didn't see the interview, to be far I haven't read speedway star for a longtime now.

What did Russell have to say? I'm not sure why he would have a pop at Polish speedway maybe it's jealousy as they have a proper professional set up that brings in huge sums in sponsorship.

As for the FIM they aren't everyone's cup of tea but at long last they seem interested in trying to develop speedway in partnership with Discovery, early days I know but the gp looks a far better product now.

No further progress in the last month or so. The site was quickly made unusable for speedway but now its been flattened no one has been seen on site for months. I have asked Tomlinson via twitter if he has an update on why the work has stopped but as he only replies when its apparent good news I don't expect he will reply. No doubt the vandals will ruin the site soon enough, fire incoming.

• Sad 2

No work no word or statement from the club or that  con man   Tomlinson .....You do wonder if anyone at the club really cares 

the situation at swindon stadium is totally out of the control of the speedway promotion much the same as the poole situation,is there a common denominator? oh yes there is!!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

No further progress in the last month or so. The site was quickly made unusable for speedway but now its been flattened no one has been seen on site for months. I have asked Tomlinson via twitter if he has an update on why the work has stopped but as he only replies when its apparent good news I don't expect he will reply. No doubt the vandals will ruin the site soon enough, fire incoming.

Is there anything left to set fire to? There don't seem much left. Such a shame

14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Is there anything left to set fire to? There don't seem much left. Such a shame

Just the hopes and dreams of the Robins fans.....

• Like 3

Been delayed far too long. Announcement will be made due to pandemic and brexit owning company has decided to stop with stadium build and then planning permission for housing extended ££££  - Either that or it will go the way of Brandon - couple of arson attacks residents in the estate will complain and permission will be pushed through for housing.