British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

2020 FIM Calendar

I'm thinking of attending final 4 of the longtrack World Championship in Forssa, Finland on 08.08.2020 and having never been before I would be grateful for any advice.

Is it better to stay in Helsinki and travel to and from the track in Forssa ? ( and if so is public transport reliable and how long does it take to get to the track) or is it better to hire  a car ?)

or is it better to stay in Forssa ?

any help and advice would be gratefully received

19 hours ago, markandrew23 said:

I'm thinking of attending final 4 of the longtrack World Championship in Forssa, Finland on 08.08.2020 and having never been before I would be grateful for any advice.

Is it better to stay in Helsinki and travel to and from the track in Forssa ? ( and if so is public transport reliable and how long does it take to get to the track) or is it better to hire  a car ?)

or is it better to stay in Forssa ?

any help and advice would be gratefully received

Book Scandic Hotel Forssa now if you want to stay there. It’s not that big and its the hotel of choice for the meeting.

If you hire a car I’d sleep at Turku, Helsinki or Tampere. Public transport me thinks Forssa has no trains and after the meeting it might be difficult to catch a bus. The meeting start time is yet un known but I expect it to end by 20.00.

for busses http://www.expressbus.fi/fi/etusivu/

for trains https://www.vr.fi/cs/vr/en/frontpage

EDIT1 If anyone knows a more reliable public transport than Finland has, say it :lol:

EDIT2 Helsinki public transport in fact got an award as the best in the world no too many years ago.

Edited by f-s-p

Meeting start time at Forssa has been confirmed to 6 pm and tickets are available through tiketti.fi.

Neste Rally is on the same weekend and they usually drive the Jämsä area on fridays. Thats about 80km north from Tampere while Forssa is about the same south for the saturday.