British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, flagrag said:

From what I am hearing from ex colleagues at Eurosport and BT I would not put any bets on that.

Eurosport events have been very impressed by the early interest in Speedway rights in certain countries which will be Poland and UK.

BT have got some very interesting times ahead as Amazon are after getting some of their rights off them, with large bids expected for Premiership and European Rugby Union,Premier League football  and MOTO GP from Amazon who are trying to find more ways to keep customers paying their Prime subscriptions.

So BT may well be very keen to keep Speedway GP if they can one thing though is they will not get it on the cheap as Eurosport will be putting in their own tender 

Interesting comments from Chairman Godfrey in the S.Star this week, including the possibility of a new Speedway Channel in the Discovery stable. Obviously not as early as 2021 but once they've got all the speedway contracts nailed down then it could be on.

Apparently the British coverage will commence at 7pm for the live meetings with a half hour 'round-up' before the live racing begins. They also hope/intend to cover meetings 'from as many tracks around the country'!! Sounds as though it could include some Championship meetings.

Edited by Skidder1

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Interesting comments from Chairman Godfrey in the S.Star this week, including the possibility of a new Speedway Channel in the Discovery stable. Obviously not as early as 2021 but once they've got all the speedway contracts nailed down then it could be on.

Apparently the British coverage will commence at 7pm for the live meetings with a half hour 'round-up' before the live racing begins. They also hope/intend to cover meetings 'from as many tracks around the country'!! Sounds as though it could include some Championship meetings.

HAVE heard something similar albeit that the Discovery channel wouldn't be exclusively speedway but motorsport in general. 

On 11/11/2020 at 5:40 PM, iainb said:

If you sign up to a VPN service then they'll provide some software to install, once installed it just sits open on your PC and you can choose which country you want to connect through. So if you choose a country where the SGP have not sold their rights to, I don't know Canada for example, your PC will appear as if it's in Canada when connected to the internet. Then you'd head over to the SGP website and follow the link to watch the world feed, it's carried through YouTube.

I use NordVPN paid about £50 I think for 3 years after cashback (TopCasBack or Quidco)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/surfshark-vpn-black-friday-deal-ps168mo-75-cb-at-quidco-3584443

Not so sure about the MotoGP's I'm not really interested in that so have never looked into it

Thanks for the excellent explanation. It makes sense now!  Its unfortunate the GP's are on BT Sport which is a costly addition to my package, so a VPN sounds a good option to investigate next season, assuming we are out of this Covid nightmare.

On 11/11/2020 at 5:59 PM, PotteringAround said:

Browsec is a free VPN.

Download it to your browser, select USA, and you can watch the live world feed of GPs and SON.

Thanks for that info.

On 11/13/2020 at 3:12 PM, Bavarian said:

So what about the filming and televising of British Leagues during the weekdays.

On 11/11/2020 at 5:59 PM, PotteringAround said:

Browsec is a free VPN.

Download it to your browser, select USA, and you can watch the live world feed of GPs and SON.

Or use the Opera browser which has a built-in VPN

On 11/11/2020 at 8:31 AM, iainb said:

Buy a cheap VPN and watch the world feed live for "free"

thats the way to do it . 

my bt deal  expires in feb 2021 . Shirley there must be something else .:D

You can buy bt sport on a monthly basis but it's £25, no contract

10 hours ago, jenga said:

thats the way to do it . 

my bt deal  expires in feb 2021 . Shirley there must be something else .:D

Yes there is... don't call me Shirley :rofl:

• Haha 1

Special offer available until 23:59 on 30/11/20. Access to a year of Eurosport for an upfront payment of £19.99. Full standard price £39.99. Automatically renews each year at the then standard annual price unless cancelled prior to renewal. A minimum term of 12 months applies in the first year from the date of payment and in each renewal year. All prices inc VAT. Not available to existing subscribers. Access to all Eurosport Player content.

• Live coverage
  • HD quality
  • Watch on multiple devices
  • On demand videos
  • Multicamera view

https://auth.eurosportplayer.com/product

Edited by Noodles

Eurosport Player back at £19.99 for a year, goes upto £39.99 after the year so remember to cancel before then and sign up with another e-mail address when on offer again .  Offer available until 23:59 on 21/03/21.

Edited by Noodles

46 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Eurosport Player back at £19.99 for a year, goes upto £39.99 after the year so remember to cancel before then and sign up with another e-mail address when on offer again .  Offer available until 23:59 on 21/03/21.

I posted this a few days ago in the Speedway on the TV thread... don't know whether to go for it or not though? Have you got it? Do they show Live sport on there or re-runs of sport that they've already shown on their TV channels? If the live matches get shifted onto the Player due to the Tennis or Olympics I'd got for it, if it were just a repeats format then probably not.

Anyone heard anything about when Eurosport will announce which matches it will show? I am also wondering if fixtures will get changed to suit their schedule. Previously Monday was the favoured day, but that was to suit Sky/BT schedules. Will they be showing the play off semis as double headers, as in previous years? Information, or inspired guesses will be appreciated. Thanks

23 hours ago, ShyTalk said:

Anyone heard anything about when Eurosport will announce which matches it will show? I am also wondering if fixtures will get changed to suit their schedule. Previously Monday was the favoured day, but that was to suit Sky/BT schedules. Will they be showing the play off semis as double headers, as in previous years? Information, or inspired guesses will be appreciated. Thanks

just as important who will do the commentary . not ermolenko i hope :o

• Like 2