British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Don't think that's fair or accurate.

I've read on here and from various Clubs own comments that a PL home / away you can budget 15k and a CL home/away you can budget 10k.

So, lets say a PL Club is getting a share of 50k - would cover 3 home and away, 100k would cover 6 home and away.

Barely scratches the surface of a full season.

That may be... But, Sweden managed to run, a truncated, season in front of crowds of 50 people, that wouldn't be anywhere near enough to fund a meeting. I assume that the shortfall was made up by sponsorship and a TV deal. All I was saying is that as the UK couldn't do the same I take it that the Eurosport TV deal with BSPL wasn't as good as that in Sweden

2 hours ago, ShyTalk said:

Hi just been told by a BT staff member that, sometime in the future, Eurosport will no longer be available as part of BT or Sky packages (not sure about Virgin Media}. Is there anyone who can confirm, or deny this, or give any more information on this. I am wondering if it will be available independently in the same way as Premier sports. Any info appreciated. Thanks

Maybe it'll be shown on the Eurosport Player, a subscription streaming service, it's on offer from time to time at a pretty good price too

I got an email about renewing my BT TV deal. Checking the new packages on offer, there was no mention of Eurosport.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShyTalk said:

Hi just been told by a BT staff member that, sometime in the future, Eurosport will no longer be available as part of BT or Sky packages (not sure about Virgin Media}. Is there anyone who can confirm, or deny this, or give any more information on this. I am wondering if it will be available independently in the same way as Premier sports. Any info appreciated. Thanks

Not that I am aware of in fact in 2021 Sky will be working even closer with Eurosport including having a UHD HDR channel which will be used to show the Olympics and some Tennis in UHD HDR

What may and must stress May be leaving Sky,VM and BT Tv is Eurosport player and catch up services as Discovery (Owners of Eurosport) are keen to separate them from tv carriage deals and are looking to monetise them better with some sports being on Eurosport player when there is clashes.

That is my worry for British Speedway is this get pushed online when Tennis,Cycling and Olympics are on

12 hours ago, Chadster said:

I got an email about renewing my BT TV deal. Checking the new packages on offer, there was no mention of Eurosport.

You'll need to choose the 'classic' package. Bizarrely they decided not to include it in the 'sport' package. 

https://www.bt.com/packages/classic

If you're up for renewal check out Plusnet TV, exactly the same package as the 'classic' above but half the price. 

https://www.plus.net/entertainment/tv/

Edited by Noodles

12 hours ago, flagrag said:

Not that I am aware of in fact in 2021 Sky will be working even closer with Eurosport including having a UHD HDR channel which will be used to show the Olympics and some Tennis in UHD HDR

What may and must stress May be leaving Sky,VM and BT Tv is Eurosport player and catch up services as Discovery (Owners of Eurosport) are keen to separate them from tv carriage deals and are looking to monetise them better with some sports being on Eurosport player when there is clashes.

That is my worry for British Speedway is this get pushed online when Tennis,Cycling and Olympics are on

It could be better for the Speedway fan as instead of paying £40 a month for a Sky package, you can get the Eurosport Player for £40 for the year

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chadster said:

If that's the case, I will not be renewing my BT TV deal.  As for Eurosport, I'll wait and see who the commentators are before I give any thought on taking them up. 

4 hours ago, Mimmo said:

If that's the case, I will not be renewing my BT TV deal.  As for Eurosport, I'll wait and see who the commentators are before I give any thought on taking them up. 

Why wouldn't the commentators be Nigel and Kelvin? They are both self-employed freelancers.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Why wouldn't the commentators be Nigel and Kelvin? They are both self-employed freelancers.

Because David Rowe has done a damn good job for Eurosport for the last few years and doesn't deserve to be dumped just because the 'usual suspects' are at a loose end.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Money!

Comparing David Rowe/Sam Ermolenko to Nigel Pearson/Kelvin Tatum is like comparing the Chuckle Brothers to the Two Ronnies. There's only going to be one winner.

On 11/4/2020 at 5:56 PM, michanekman said:

Comparing David Rowe/Sam Ermolenko to Nigel Pearson/Kelvin Tatum is like comparing the Chuckle Brothers to the Two Ronnies. There's only going to be one winner.

Thats unfair on Rowe tbf, his commentaries will never seem great when he is constantly either having to correct Sams errors and overlook his pronunciations.

I make little secret that Dave Goddard is my fav commentator, and paired with a genuine speedway officinado in Kelv Tatum for me would be the dream ticket.

For  me Pearson is just annoying to listen too, and for someone so experienced, having to laugh his way through his own errors on a weekly basis is embarrassing. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2020 at 5:56 PM, michanekman said:

I don't think anyone here has ever mentioned keeping Sam in the job.

I just made it plain that Dave Rowe had done a great job this season and for the last few years on Eurosport.

Personally my choice of 'second chair' would be Chris Louis.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Grand Central said:

I don't think anyone here has ever mentioned keeping Sam in the job.

I just made it plain that Dave Rowe had done a great job this season and for the last few years on Eurosport.

Personally my choice of 'second chair' would be Chris Louis.

I quite enjoy Dave Rowe and Sam as a double act now... wouldn't want to see them on anything more mainstream than Eurosport though

I think Kelvin Tatum and David Norris would be the dream ticket!

However seemingly unlike most I do think that Nigel Pearson and Kelvin Tatum are excellent, I also think Keith Heuwen was very good and David Rowe is good too, unfortunately Sam Ermolenko, as knowledgeable as he is, in my opinion is awful on commentary.

• Like 1