British Speedway Forum

Tony Millard was a lovely guy and it was such a shame when the style of the Sky Speedway production was changed to have commentary and presentation done together so Tony was no longer required.

I do still think the ride in studio presentation was the best although the amount of times the floor managers nearly got ridden over trying to get riders into the studios was quite a health risk.

Getting back on topic I have a feeling that Eurosport may have a slightly different style to their coverage than BT.

I am hoping that they do a better job of it than when they had the GP coverage as it was low budget as basic as they could get. Hopefully the money people in Paris will give Speedway a realistic budget to produce a high quality broadcast . As much as people moaned about BT coverage you have say that technically their production was the best yet with all meetings being in UHD and with a fresh style 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, flagrag said:

I am hoping that they do a better job of it than when they had the GP coverage as it was low budget as basic as they could get. 

I thought the GP coverage by Eurosport was pretty much in line with what Sky and BT provided, studio based with a presenter and an "expert" and taking the world feed, can't remember if they were actually at the venue for Cardiff but I guess they were?

The GP coverage was studio based and as basic as they could do with the studio sections in SD quality for some events. I also remember well when they did Cardiff GP and Kings Lynn World Cup meetings they would not pay for lighting operators and runners which ended up with the KL meeting ending with the presentation very dark

2 hours ago, Midland Red said:

At what is Nigel Pearson excellent? :blink:

Ignoring the critics on here who hold a perpetual dislike of his style of presentation

• Like 1

22 hours ago, flagrag said:

The GP coverage was studio based and as basic as they could do with the studio sections in SD quality for some events. I also remember well when they did Cardiff GP and Kings Lynn World Cup meetings they would not pay for lighting operators and runners which ended up with the KL meeting ending with the presentation very dark

I remember when some GP's were tucked away on the red button in SD when Sky covered it

Edited by iainb

On 11/9/2020 at 9:43 AM, flagrag said:

Tony Millard was a lovely guy and it was such a shame when the style of the Sky Speedway production was changed to have commentary and presentation done together so Tony was no longer required.

I do still think the ride in studio presentation was the best although the amount of times the floor managers nearly got ridden over trying to get riders into the studios was quite a health risk.

Getting back on topic I have a feeling that Eurosport may have a slightly different style to their coverage than BT.

I am hoping that they do a better job of it than when they had the GP coverage as it was low budget as basic as they could get. Hopefully the money people in Paris will give Speedway a realistic budget to produce a high quality broadcast . As much as people moaned about BT coverage you have say that technically their production was the best yet with all meetings being in UHD and with a fresh style 

My memory is failing a bit. When did Eurosport cover the GPs? I honestly cannot remember.

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

My memory is failing a bit. When did Eurosport cover the GPs? I honestly cannot remember.

2013 for 3 years(when SKY ditched Speedway) It was only British Eurosport.

Edited by racers and royals

On 11/9/2020 at 12:07 PM, Byker Biker said:

Ignoring the critics on here who hold a perpetual dislike of his style of presentation

Is that the only thing?  Doesn’t sound much like a qualification for a job

• Confused 1

My contract with BT (which is b/band and tv inc sports) express Feb 2021, just a few months time. My dilemma is :- Moto Gp is still with BT I believe for another year, and Speedway Gp goes with Eurosport as from 2021. Being retired I cannot justify throwing money at multitude of sports channels to get Speedway GP and MotoGP from different sources.  Does anyone know if BT will show Speedway GP via Eurosport as from beginning of 2021?  Or, how do I view MotoGP and Speedway GP and pay no more then I pay BT currently (which actually is not too expensive).

I not too interested in British speedway, and certainly wouldn’t miss F1 if it ceased tomorrow, just the excitement of Speedway GP and Moto Gp.

I've got the same problem , I'm still with bt broadband because I got a good deal but cancelled the sport because they would only renew it for 24 months. I'm going to ring them in March to see if I can get 6 months. If not it looks like no live GPS and Moto gps

Buy a cheap VPN and watch the world feed live for "free"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

My contract with BT (which is b/band and tv inc sports) express Feb 2021, just a few months time. My dilemma is :- Moto Gp is still with BT I believe for another year, and Speedway Gp goes with Eurosport as from 2021. Being retired I cannot justify throwing money at multitude of sports channels to get Speedway GP and MotoGP from different sources.  Does anyone know if BT will show Speedway GP via Eurosport as from beginning of 2021?  Or, how do I view MotoGP and Speedway GP and pay no more then I pay BT currently (which actually is not too expensive).

I not too interested in British speedway, and certainly wouldn’t miss F1 if it ceased tomorrow, just the excitement of Speedway GP and Moto Gp.

Why can`t people get it in their heads  that BSI are still the promoters of the GP`s in 2021 !!!! All contracts run out at the end of that season- ie tracks, TV deals(BT Sport) etc.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1