British Speedway Forum

I fully understood im just not willing to pay bt £10 a month for 2 years for GPS just for 2021. Will look into vpn's whatever that is lol

GP'S & SON only will be on BT next season 2021 !! british league racing will be on eurosport next season and for the next 5 seasons !! then from 2022 eurosport will be covering GP'S & SON !! BT will not be covering anymore speedway after next season !!

Edited by geoff58

8 hours ago, iainb said:

Buy a cheap VPN and watch the world feed live for "free"

Could you explain how this works please? I don't have any knowledge of VPN's and if I signed up for one, how would I access the live feed for the Speedway GP's and the Moto GP's which I also enjoy.  I currently get Eurosport as part of my Sky deal, but have just cancelled BT Sport which I was getting at a special price due to the fact I have BT Internet. However BT have now increased BT Sport on the Sky platform by £4 a month so as the Speedway GP's are finished I have cancelled. Not sure what to do next year, so this VPN idea sounds a possibility, but not sure what it involves, and if it would work for me. Is there a VPN you use or can recommend that works for the Speedway live feed? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

GP'S & SON only will be on BT next season 2021 !! british league racing will be on eurosport next season and for the next 5 seasons !! then from 2022 eurosport will be covering GP'S & SON !! BT will not be covering anymore speedway after next season !!

You do not know that !!! Eurosport events have gone out to tender regarding TV contracts for the GP/SON from 2022 onwards. It is by no means certain that Eurosport will show them.

16 minutes ago, Bunce said:

Could you explain how this works please? I don't have any knowledge of VPN's and if I signed up for one, how would I access the live feed for the Speedway GP's and the Moto GP's which I also enjoy.  I currently get Eurosport as part of my Sky deal, but have just cancelled BT Sport which I was getting at a special price due to the fact I have BT Internet. However BT have now increased BT Sport on the Sky platform by £4 a month so as the Speedway GP's are finished I have cancelled. Not sure what to do next year, so this VPN idea sounds a possibility, but not sure what it involves, and if it would work for me. Is there a VPN you use or can recommend that works for the Speedway live feed? 

If you sign up to a VPN service then they'll provide some software to install, once installed it just sits open on your PC and you can choose which country you want to connect through. So if you choose a country where the SGP have not sold their rights to, I don't know Canada for example, your PC will appear as if it's in Canada when connected to the internet. Then you'd head over to the SGP website and follow the link to watch the world feed, it's carried through YouTube.

I use NordVPN paid about £50 I think for 3 years after cashback (TopCasBack or Quidco)

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/surfshark-vpn-black-friday-deal-ps168mo-75-cb-at-quidco-3584443

Not so sure about the MotoGP's I'm not really interested in that so have never looked into it

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

You do not know that !!! Eurosport events have gone out to tender regarding TV contracts for the GP/SON from 2022 onwards. It is by no means certain that Eurosport will show them.

So Eurosport has the contract but they going out to tender for a TV company to actually air the meetings. Is that right?????

7 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

So Eurosport has the contract but they going out to tender for a TV company to actually air the meetings. Is that right?????

No,  Eurosport Events are a sports promoting company owned by the Discovery group which also own Eurosport TV. Eurosport events have paid the FIM big money for the 10 year contract so may decide that selling the TV rights to interested parties across Europe, might make them more of a profit than Eurosport showing them pan Europe.

Edited by racers and royals

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

they will be watch this space :t:

On 11/10/2020 at 12:32 PM, racers and royals said:

2013 for 3 years(when SKY ditched Speedway) It was only British Eurosport.

I have absolutely no recollection of that - must be an age thing?!

Did Nigel and Kelvin do the Eurosport commentaries back then in their capacity as freelancers?

Just now, Skidder1 said:

I have absolutely no recollection of that - must be an age thing?!

Did Nigel and Kelvin do the Eurosport commentaries back then in their capacity as freelancers?

Yes,  they just used the world feed as BT do now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, geoff58 said:

they will be watch this space :t:

From what I am hearing from ex colleagues at Eurosport and BT I would not put any bets on that.

Eurosport events have been very impressed by the early interest in Speedway rights in certain countries which will be Poland and UK.

BT have got some very interesting times ahead as Amazon are after getting some of their rights off them, with large bids expected for Premiership and European Rugby Union,Premier League football  and MOTO GP from Amazon who are trying to find more ways to keep customers paying their Prime subscriptions.

So BT may well be very keen to keep Speedway GP if they can one thing though is they will not get it on the cheap as Eurosport will be putting in their own tender