British Speedway Forum
Alartz86

Wrocław 2020 GP tickets

8 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Stewmac will know more but 2 main stand cost £56 each- which is extremely pricey  for Poland.

I made a group booking of 44 tickets before the general sale. These tickets were priced at 270zl each for the main grandstand, and I assumed, wrongly it turned out, that this would be the price they would be sold at to the general public.

When I found out at the weekend that these same seats next to my group were going to be sold at 179zl, I complained bitterly to the club. 

Their response was that this was an admin fee (91zl per ticket!) and that events such as this, with high demand in Poland often offer advance tickets such as ours at double or three times the usual price, and I should be happy that in our class it was only roughly a 50% surcharge!!

To say it left a sour taste would be an understatement, even though I know it guaranteed my group their tickets. R&R, I will forward the email discussion to you after I've eaten...

1 hour ago, stewmac said:

I made a group booking of 44 tickets before the general sale. These tickets were priced at 270zl each for the main grandstand, and I assumed, wrongly it turned out, that this would be the price they would be sold at to the general public.

When I found out at the weekend that these same seats next to my group were going to be sold at 179zl, I complained bitterly to the club. 

Their response was that this was an admin fee (91zl per ticket!) and that events such as this, with high demand in Poland often offer advance tickets such as ours at double or three times the usual price, and I should be happy that in our class it was only roughly a 50% surcharge!!

To say it left a sour taste would be an understatement, even though I know it guaranteed my group their tickets. R&R, I will forward the email discussion to you after I've eaten...

That's the price you pay for getting ahead of the rest of everyone else.   Reading the troubles other people had buying 2 tickets it's a small price to pay I'de say.   It's less than five pound

Edited by Mark

32 minutes ago, Mark said:

That's the price you pay for getting ahead of the rest of everyone else.   Reading the troubles other people had buying 2 tickets it's a small price to pay I'de say.   It's less than five pound

91zl actually equals nearly £20. That's a hefty excess to add to each of 44 tickets! 

16 hours ago, stewmac said:

91zl actually equals nearly £20. That's a hefty excess to add to each of 44 tickets! 

OK.     I misread your first post sorry but at least you have tickets unlike many other people.     have a good trip

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 9:21 AM, racers and royals said:

Stewmac will know more but 2 main stand cost £56 each- which is extremely pricey  for Poland.

Sold out in 5 hours...so maybe not pricey enough?

Put into perspective, the Wroclaw grandstand seat tickets are about half the price people paid to stand on the pitch to watch Guns'n'Roses in concert last time they were at the London West Ham Stadium. And I was stood not far from some GnR fans from Poland there too.

Edited by uk_martin

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Sold out in 5 hours...so maybe not pricey enough?

Put into perspective, the Wroclaw grandstand seat tickets are about half the price people paid to stand on the pitch to watch Guns'n'Roses in concert last time they were at the London West Ham Stadium. And I was stood not far from some GnR fans from Poland there too.

Probably helped the ticket sales that the 2019 was the best ever racing seen at any GP, and the punters are desperate to be there and  are hoping it wasn`t a one of !!!

Ahh well, that's our Wroclaw dream out the window for 2020.  Ryanair have cancelled our outbound flight and offered a full refund or a change of flights.  Problem is, our travel insurance say if we change flights, it's a new contract and they wouldn't insure us, so no option but to take a refund on the flight.  Fortunately the insurance company have said they'll cover the GP tickets too if we don't get a refund direct.

2 hours ago, thomasthedog said:

Ahh well, that's our Wroclaw dream out the window for 2020.  Ryanair have cancelled our outbound flight and offered a full refund or a change of flights.  Problem is, our travel insurance say if we change flights, it's a new contract and they wouldn't insure us, so no option but to take a refund on the flight.  Fortunately the insurance company have said they'll cover the GP tickets too if we don't get a refund direct.

We had a trip on a different weekend to Wroclaw booked for the summer with Ryanair (the usual annual trip there to take in an Ekstraliga match from the original fixture list) and have just been informed that our inbound flight has now been cancelled. So that looks like a second refund claim from us that won’t exactly be as simple as it ought to be.

Do be aware that if you go for the refund on your flights, you might end up as we have done for our first refund claim - our planned trip for the Warsaw GP. As soon as Ryanair confirmed the flights had been cancelled, we applied for the refund – we didn’t change flights as couldn’t make the current proposed restaging date fort the GP. We received an auto-email confirmation that the refund would be with us within 14 days, but 10 days later received a voucher instead. The voucher states that it is valid for 12 months from the date of issue but, if unused by the expiry date, can then be exchanged for a cash refund.

Within the voucher there’s a link to where you can apply for the refund immediately, but it just puts you into a loop on the website with no way of progressing it any further.

So, I did try the Ryanair ‘phone line and – amazingly I got through – and was told that refunds would not be paid until either (a) after the coronavirus crisis is over or (b) the expiry date of the voucher. If (a) is declared sooner than the date of (b) you can apply (again) for your refund then. They did say, though, it is likely to be done in chronological order of flight cancellations. So, August flight cancellation refunds will be quite a long way back in the queue anyway!!

1 hour ago, BarracudaAce said:

We had a trip on a different weekend to Wroclaw booked for the summer with Ryanair (the usual annual trip there to take in an Ekstraliga match from the original fixture list) and have just been informed that our inbound flight has now been cancelled. So that looks like a second refund claim from us that won’t exactly be as simple as it ought to be.

Do be aware that if you go for the refund on your flights, you might end up as we have done for our first refund claim - our planned trip for the Warsaw GP. As soon as Ryanair confirmed the flights had been cancelled, we applied for the refund – we didn’t change flights as couldn’t make the current proposed restaging date fort the GP. We received an auto-email confirmation that the refund would be with us within 14 days, but 10 days later received a voucher instead. The voucher states that it is valid for 12 months from the date of issue but, if unused by the expiry date, can then be exchanged for a cash refund.

Within the voucher there’s a link to where you can apply for the refund immediately, but it just puts you into a loop on the website with no way of progressing it any further.

So, I did try the Ryanair ‘phone line and – amazingly I got through – and was told that refunds would not be paid until either (a) after the coronavirus crisis is over or (b) the expiry date of the voucher. If (a) is declared sooner than the date of (b) you can apply (again) for your refund then. They did say, though, it is likely to be done in chronological order of flight cancellations. So, August flight cancellation refunds will be quite a long way back in the queue anyway!!

Law says a cash refund must be made.  Ryanair continually stretch the boundaries. 

I've got 4 theatre shows booked with atg, 2 of which have been cancelled and atg sent me voucher codes. I got in touch and said I wanted cash refunds and TBF they said no problem. However they said it could take 10-14 to get it to my bank then another 10-14 days to get back to me. Obviously there just holding onto it to get more interest in whatever it's invested it. Poor service tho but as long as I get the money back eventually

5 hours ago, BarracudaAce said:

Thanks for the warning!  I had heard that they were awful and needed to confirm a couple of things anyway so I got them on the live chat where they confirmed we'd get a refund back to the original payment method within 10-14 days.  Got them to send a transcript of the conversation and screen-shot the convo!  Tbh I always pay by credit card and have annual travel insurance so should be covered one way or another!

5 hours ago, BarracudaAce said:

5 hours ago, Mark said:

Law says a cash refund must be made.  Ryanair continually stretch the boundaries. 

If nobody, or very few booked their flights they would then read their reviews etc and the airlines customer service would no doubt rapidly improve.

2 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

If nobody, or very few booked their flights they would then read their reviews etc and the airlines customer service would no doubt rapidly improve.

So true but millions use Ryanair as they are cheap and fly to places other firms don't.  Plenty who moaned about the Wetherspoon boss not paying his staff and vowed never to use his pubs again will be back in them as soon as bars open.

• Like 3