British Speedway Forum
Alartz86

Wrocław 2020 GP tickets

I didn’t get tickets for this in 2020 as I was due at a wedding, so if anyone can’t make next year, please let me know - 2 tickets needed.

Just wonder if Wroclaw are being slightly clever here. Keeping the majority of the  money paid for a year. It would not surprise me if Wroclaw in fact is one of the venues for the revised GP series at the back end of this season. 2 meetings on consecutive days with 50% stadium capacity.

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Just wonder if Wroclaw are being slightly clever here. Keeping the majority of the  money paid for a year. It would not surprise me if Wroclaw in fact is one of the venues for the revised GP series at the back end of this season. 2 meetings on consecutive days with 50% stadium capacity.

that would be fraud..misleading etc.....if they have cancelled the 2021 they cannot in law suddenly re-invent it..mind you it is speedway..

1 minute ago, spiegal said:

that would be fraud..misleading etc.....if they have cancelled the 2021 they cannot in law suddenly re-invent it..mind you it is speedway..

They have cancelled the FIM speedway Gp of Poland. How about the 2020 lower Silesian Voivodeship GP :D

• Like 2

TBH it gives me something to look forward to without the hassle of trying to get tickets next year. I still think they should offer refunds to people who want them. :rolleyes:

Sounds like they will offer refunds if required:

Considering the current sanitary regime in Poland in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic, we regret to inform you that the 2020 Betard Wrocław FIM Polish Speedway Grand Prix scheduled for August 1, 2020 has been canceled. This decision was made after joint consultations with FIM, BSI Speedway, WTS Sparta and local authorities.

At the same time, we are pleased to announce that Betard Wrocław FIM Speedway Polish Grand Prix will take place on the new date July 31, 2021.

Tickets purchased for the 2020 event will remain valid for next year's event. Information for people who decide to return tickets will be given in a separate message.

I'll keep mine for next year as it was a bit of pain to get tickets with the website crashing.

We're still planning on travelling to Poland as it stands.

• Like 1

Easy Jet are a pain- we were flying to Berlin with them and going to Poland from there, however because of Covid you can change your flight for free but they are only selling Berlin flights up to October 24th 2020 !!!!!

Edit hung on for 45 mins from when they opened at 8am today and found out flight is cancelled so as we are going in 2021 have accepted a voucher to use when flights go on sale for next July.

Edited by racers and royals

On 7/7/2020 at 2:50 PM, racers and royals said:

Easy Jet are a pain- we were flying to Berlin with them and going to Poland from there, however because of Covid you can change your flight for free but they are only selling Berlin flights up to October 24th 2020 !!!!!

Edit hung on for 45 mins from when they opened at 8am today and found out flight is cancelled so as we are going in 2021 have accepted a voucher to use when flights go on sale for next July.

R&R just hope that Easy Jet are still in busy next year to honour your voucher especially with everything going on in the aviation industry at present - otherwise you will have a worthless piece of paper.

On 7/7/2020 at 1:42 PM, NoRightTurn said:

Information for people who decide to return tickets will be given in a separate message.

Has anyone seen the "separate message" that contains details of how to get a refund?

On 7/7/2020 at 10:36 AM, AlexBrady said:

I didn’t get tickets for this in 2020 as I was due at a wedding, so if anyone can’t make next year, please let me know - 2 tickets needed.

If my ticket is typical, it has my name and passport number printed on it. Transferring these tickets may not be so straightforward let alone desirable to people who value their privacy.

Tickets are now on sale for both Wroclaw SGP on 28th & 29th August if anyone is interested.  Going to France on the 29th so will have to find a way to watch. :t:

On 8/4/2020 at 12:22 PM, Shockster said:

Tickets are now on sale for both Wroclaw SGP on 28th & 29th August if anyone is interested.  Going to France on the 29th so will have to find a way to watch. :t:

Plenty of tickets still  available for both days

REFUND UPDATE

If you need a refund for your 1/8/2020 SGP ticket,  then there is a not heavily publicised e-mail address that you need to write to - zwrotsgp@wts.pl  

You'll then probably get an automated response which will acknowledge your correspondence and promise to get back to you. It also stipulates some law or regulation that gives them 180 days from the date of the cancelled event, to process your refund.  So basically, don't expect your refund before Xmas.

The automated response goes on to say that if you bought a paper ticket from a ticket outlet in Poland (Empik etc) then you have to take it back there for your refund. It doesn't give any more instructions on what to do (other than wait, one assumes) if you bought your ticket online.

Hope that this might help someone.