British Speedway Forum
Alartz86

Wrocław 2020 GP tickets

9 hours ago, thomasthedog said:

Has anybody been successful in claiming a refund for the 2020 grand prix tickets pls?

I bought a block booking of 44 tickets. Two people can't make the return date and I have emailed the Wrocław club repeatedly with no response. 

After their genuine helpfulness all the way through the booking process, it has left me feeling pretty frustrated, as even an acknowledgement of my emails would confirm to me they are moving forward in some way. 

What's your situation?

2 hours ago, stewmac said:

I bought a block booking of 44 tickets. Two people can't make the return date and I have emailed the Wrocław club repeatedly with no response. 

After their genuine helpfulness all the way through the booking process, it has left me feeling pretty frustrated, as even an acknowledgement of my emails would confirm to me they are moving forward in some way. 

What's your situation?

Hi! I've only just emailed.  Don't like the idea of being tied down to the tickets when I currently have no flights / accommodation booked.  Will let you know if I hear anything back.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stewmac said:

What's your situation?

I've now received this, which I assume is an auto-reply

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 13.44.55.png

6 hours ago, thomasthedog said:

I've now received this, which I assume is an auto-reply

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 13.44.55.png

Thanks. Yes, I've had this automated response previously too. Fingers crossed...

On 12/26/2020 at 9:16 PM, thomasthedog said:

Has anybody been successful in claiming a refund for the 2020 grand prix tickets pls?

Yes!

Basically 179 days into the 180 statutory days of grace that the ticketing authorities have in which to process a refund, the money appeared in my bank (i.e. last December)

So there. Not the quickest of refund process but all in accordance with Polish law.

5 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Yes!

Basically 179 days into the 180 statutory days of grace that the ticketing authorities have in which to process a refund, the money appeared in my bank (i.e. last December)

So there. Not the quickest of refund process but all in accordance with Polish law.

179 days after the event's original date though would take us to the end of January?

Anybody else received refunds for the 2020 GP tickets?  My refund request was accepted and I was told 180 day, now they seem to be back tracking saying refund requests had to be made by the end of August!  Suspect I'm going to have to claim via the credit card :-/

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 12.12.03.png

Edited by thomasthedog

2 minutes ago, thomasthedog said:

Anybody else received refunds for the 2020 GP tickets?  My refund request was accepted and I was told 180 day, now they seem to be back tracking saying refund requests had to be made by the end of August!  Suspect I'm going to have to claim via the credit card :-/

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 12.12.03.png

If you have proof the refund application was accepted by them i would contact them and ask them where your refund is and show them the proof.

49 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

If you have proof the refund application was accepted by them i would contact them and ask them where your refund is and show them the proof.

Thanks, I have.  It's actually on the email thread above the screenshot.  I suspect I'll have to go via the credit card, I'm just rather disgusted by their attitude.

15 minutes ago, thomasthedog said:

Thanks, I have.  It's actually on the email thread above the screenshot.  I suspect I'll have to go via the credit card, I'm just rather disgusted by their attitude.

If you didn`t ask until a few days ago then you have no chance of a refund- that is not what Wroclaw are saying to you. They are saying that if you didn`t apply last year and rolled them over then sadly you have zero chance of Wroclaw paying up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

If you didn`t ask until a few days ago then you have no chance of a refund- that is not what Wroclaw are saying to you. They are saying that if you didn`t apply last year and rolled them over then sadly you have zero chance of Wroclaw paying up.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear.  I did ask last year, they said I had to wait 180 days for the refund to be processed, but said in the email that the application for refund had been accepted.  Just really grates, I run a kids party company and had to refund a small fortune in parties people had pre-paid for, yet Wroclaw speedway seem to be giving us 2 fingers!

1 minute ago, thomasthedog said:

Sorry, I didn't make it clear.  I did ask last year, they said I had to wait 180 days for the refund to be processed, but said in the email that the application for refund had been accepted.  Just really grates, I run a kids party company and had to refund a small fortune in parties people had pre-paid for, yet Wroclaw speedway seem to be giving us 2 fingers!

If you have that old email confirmation of it being accepted  and it was before August 28th 2020 then tell them again that you haven`t yet received the refund. They cannot refuse to investigate and refund you if you have that vital information and the date is correct.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 2:46 PM, thomasthedog said:

Just found your earlier posts and it looks as if you only originally asked for a refund in December well after their deadline- which UK Martin helpfully posted about on  August 14th - there is nothing i can find still in print which confirms the 28th August 2020 refund deadline date, but i can only assume it is correct. You have unfortunately no chance of a refund from them. Incidentally i have lost the money for 2 tickets myself.(was happy to roll over to 2021)

Edited by racers and royals