British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sancho

AGM

So essentially nothing will change looking at it. Sheffield for Poole in the top league otherwise it's as you were, but with a different TV package.

To summarise, nothing to see here. Just the usual self invested bickering between certain promotions

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, acef said:

So essentially nothing will change looking at it. Sheffield for Poole in the top league otherwise it's as you were, but with a different TV package.

To summarise, nothing to see here. Just the usual self invested bickering between certain promotions

Good try...

But to be honest, I think my press release is better..:D

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Good try...

But to be honest, I think my press release is better..:D

No mention of biscuits, though :o

5 hours ago, mikebv said:

After yet another season full of high quality close and exciting racing, from all around the UK, British Speedway is in the best position it has been in for many years.

Highlighted and endorsed by the new TV deal which reflects the confidence major global media partners have in the UK Speedway brand.

2020 will see many more evenings of exciting, edge of the seat entertainment, being beamed into tens of thousands of not just British homes, but European ones too. Giving many more of Speedway's millions of followers around the globe the chance to enjoy what Speedway in the UK uniquely has to offer..

There can be no doubt that the sport in the UK has made tremendous progess over the past few years and now presses on at pace with its exciting long term vision of continued growth and success..

The feedback, from an ever growing fan base, clearly shows the postive reaction to the course that UK Speedway is following, and we all together, fans and owners alike, look forward to yet another season full of adrenaline fuelled entertainment, being provided, once again, by some of the World's finest riders..

Will that do as the press release?;)

You forgot to mention the ditching of the WHITE helmet colour to be replaced with the LGBT multi coloured strips. This will then bring back all the missing supporters that have been absent the last few years.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, mikebv said:

Giving many more of Speedway's millions of followers around the globe the chance to enjoy what Speedway in the UK uniquely has to offer..

I have to request that you cut back on the use of the term  "millions" of followers around the globe ( unless sudden inroads have ben made in China or Japan ( or even other parts of Asia ). I dount that at the season end just passed, there were more than half A million collectively of speedway followers ( even if we were to be generous and benevolent ). Of course I do realise that any press release must err on the positvie side!

To me the top priority for all the promoters will be bums on seats ,,or the lack of seats whatever the facilities are at different tracks...all racing formats should be geared to maximum entertainment.for the fans Get it right and all should be well going forward,,,Get it wrong and the result does not bare thinking about......

3 hours ago, Ghosty said:

You forgot to mention the ditching of the WHITE helmet colour to be replaced with the LGBT multi coloured strips. This will then bring back all the missing supporters that have been absent the last few years.  

Think the helmet colour should be pink though lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, waco said:

To me the top priority for all the promoters will be bums on seats ,,or the lack of seats whatever the facilities are at different tracks...all racing formats should be geared to maximum entertainment.for the fans Get it right and all should be well going forward,,,Get it wrong and the result does not bare thinking about......

yes but the format isn't the problem - bikes are too fast for the tracks which have no dirt on them, or at least not enough. Maybe rev limiters will help. It's still a good night at the speedway but there's too much emphasis on winning at all costs. And it's too expensive to get in because the bikes are too expensive. And so it goes on, the list's a mile long.

• Like 5

we will probably have to wait until friday for all the news ? would be great for the fans to at least get some news daily ? not asking for full details of the day but just something for fans to mull over ????

10 hours ago, moxey63 said:

A bit of cynicism and sarcasm on here this morning.

Don't let the forum police round you up.

What you on here for you don’t like Speedway 

8 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Let me pin this "Mr Original" badge on your lapel. 

Not being funny, and don't want to be arrested (again) for questioning. But usually, this topic is bouncing by now. The thread is over a day old and yet is struggling to generate much interest and is limping along like a rider's sick bike who's been advised to drop his average and go as slow as possible.

Perhaps there might be another thread?

30 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Being a speedway fan and someone who attends regularly, I sometimes wonder why I am on here. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, soupy said:

Think the helmet colour should be pink though lol

How about the purple helmet? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moxey63 said:

Let me pin this "Mr Original" badge on your lapel. 

Says the guy who wouldn't go to the speedway, even if he got in free, like he used to but stopped when asked to pay like everyone else.  

• Like 2