British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

SEC 2020 - 5th round Torun Wednesday July 29th live on Eurosport

2 hours ago, acef said:

Robert has years on Dan.

Not sure on that statement, in terms of what has Robert "got years" on Dan, because it ain't age. 

Bewley; 20/05/1999

Lambert; 05/04/1998

• Like 1

Track obviously caught some riders out but still a pretty good meeting. 

Robert looking very good once again but good to hear from his interview that his feet are on the ground. 

Edited by Bagpuss

Weird, unpredictable Torun track didn't make for the best entertainment, especially early on.  That said Lambert's first outing, heat 4(?), was probably the pick of the heats.  Woryna exclusion was wrong.  Madsen very up & down, Zmarzlik won't retain world title on that form.  But Lambert is joint top of leader board & roll on Wednesday in Bydgoszcz

• Like 1

Torun track was not as good at usual 

Disappointingly poor Toruń track. If I was involved with OneSport, I'd be having a strong word with the track team there, to ensure they make a much better job of it for the final round at the end of the month. No real excuses. They've had 10 months to get it right.

• Like 2

Terrible race track, most of the time I couldnt believe I was watching a meeting fro Torun.  Processional racing after first half lap a lot of the time. Good to see NP up there with them still. Madsen at times showed his true skills, but the star of the night was Robert Lambert, now I can see how the injuries carried into last year were holding him back, hop he can keep up the good form.  Zmarzlick, well he was going to win it or be an also ran. Lets face it, he was the wild card, probably not going to be in any other rounds, therefore no chance of winning the title, so why bust a gut. He did what he did and got some practice in against a field of (mostly) top guys. Disappointing one was Gregory Laguta - impressive when on form, which he was not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any idea what the crowd attendance was last night? It looked pretty sparse to me, well short of the 25% capacity, especially surprising on a public that have been starved of live sport for so long. The Poles seem to give the SEC the thumbs down for some reason, not sure why? I wonder what the attendance would be like should a round ever be held in the UK? I think I'd go along to view a few riders I'd never seen before.

24 minutes ago, iainb said:

Any idea what the crowd attendance was last night? It looked pretty sparse to me, well short of the 25% capacity, especially surprising on a public that have been starved of live sport for so long. The Poles seem to give the SEC the thumbs down for some reason, not sure why? I wonder what the attendance would be like should a round ever be held in the UK? I think I'd go along to view a few riders I'd never seen before.

Rybnik( limited capacity) 4th round is nearly sold out.

Well done Robert.

some better racing once the sufficiently watered the track to give more grip.

definitely track was nowhere near as good as normal

26 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Rybnik( limited capacity) 4th round is nearly sold out.

That's good to hear... crowds have never really been that good though for SEC in Poland

1 minute ago, iainb said:

That's good to hear... crowds have never really been that good though for SEC in Poland

A decent TV contract and lots of sponsors see`s them alright :)

The track was terrible especially early doors when Red won pretty much as it liked.

It really is about time these big events were given too tracks who can provide a decent race track, it says all when the event winner slates the surface as super slick.

Its fairly obvious that to produce a slick surface is easy but a racing track that provides different racing lines is more difficult, I have attended Torun for GP,s in the past and it’s been excellent in previous meetings so it can be done.

It would also have been better (for the spectators) if we had a referee who could actually see officiating at these meetings and a commentator who doesn’t always talk incessant garbage. Ermolenko was a very good rider but he is a crap commentator, please let Rowe and Goddard do it. 

• Like 1

Could agree more,  anyone watching for the first time would certainly have switched over in the beginning

24 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It would also have been better (for the spectators) if we had a referee who could actually see officiating at these meetings and a commentator who doesn’t always talk incessant garbage. Ermolenko was a very good rider but he is a crap commentator, please let Rowe and Goddard do it. 

I find it great entertainment... I suggest you make yourself a bingo card and sit down with your dobber in your hand and mark off all the different ways to mangle up Woryna's name... Verona, Veroyni, Veroni :rofl:

I always wonder how he introduces himself... probably just Sam, to be safe :t:

• Haha 1