British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

SEC 2020 - 5th round Torun Wednesday July 29th live on Eurosport

Just now, Mark said:

Nicki is going soft.  Ten years ago Michelsen would have been put into the stand.    Great heat and brave riding.

If that was a GP semi final and Nicki was in his prime, Michelsen wouldn't have got past.

I think Nicki is becoming more aware of riders getting injured.

1 minute ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

If that was a GP semi final and Nicki was in his prime, Michelsen wouldn't have got past.

I think Nicki is becoming more aware of riders getting injured.

Or perhaps he now knows what goes around comes around 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nw42 said:

How old is he? Seems to have been around for years, good to watch in this series so far.

Turns 28 in a couple of weeks. He’s been ”good” since he started riding 500cc, also internationally and in the leagues he’s done.

Madsen wins the Euros and also qualifies for the 2021 GP series by being top 5 in 2020 GP's.    Does the runner up in 2020 Euros go to the GP's 2021 ?

Just now, geoff100 said:

That meeting deserves prime time tv .

I agree. We have been starved of decent speedway but this has been so refreshing .

Wow...

Speedway when done so well is truly breathtaking.. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Boy, I’ve missed having Bydgoszcz on the GP rota. Close racing, battling and passing throughout. 

Ten times better than the borefest of Toruń on Saturday. 

I thought the same. It’s been a number of years since I watched a meeting from there but tonight’s shows it hasn’t lost any of its magic. What a track

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mark said:

Nicki is going soft.  Ten years ago Michelsen would have been put into the stand.    Great heat and brave riding.

Totally agree. Pedersen should of well and truly shut the door but is probably abit more aware of crashing and getting injured nowadays. 

At last a real Speedway meeting.

excellent racing from the word go...

interesting to see they have built a new stand on the back straight... augurs well for the future

Bydgoscz worked out as my first league match many years ago and always have fond memories of my visits there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Sam says Laguta and Emil have an arrangement.   Emil then passes Laguta.       Someone yank him off the TV.     He is so bad.

And the best of it was...

After saying for around 2 laps that Emil was riding within himself, he then watched him fly around Laguta...

And then summarised Emil's victory with......?

"I rest my case"...:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a fantastic track Bydgoszcz is. Great meeting with some excellent racing. 

Series bubbling up nicely.