British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

SEC 2020 - 5th round Torun Wednesday July 29th live on Eurosport

That was an exhilarating watch.

Completely different meeting to Toruń. Madsen showed his class again, not his best meeting but can pull something out of the bag when needed. The final was interesting, 2 Russians v 2 Danes, 5-1 to Denmark. In the final I was pretty sure Emil was letting Laguna get 2nd place, trouble for him was Michelson had his own agenda and I was glad to see him take the 2 Ruskies on the last bend. Robert doing well, obviously not got the experience yet that some of the other mature riders have, but he will learn a lot this season, likewise Smektala. Timo Lahti doing ok, not spectacular in any specific way, but he’s in the mix mostly. Great track, missed it these last few years, glad it’s back, want more of it. Great meeting.

On 7/6/2020 at 8:18 PM, stevebrum said:

Years? Robert is one year older. 

Bewley has stalled since his injury so unless he is able to get back on track with his potential then he can’t even be compared to the level Lambert has and is already achieving.

lets hope for the future of GB he does tho. 

He had been riding amateur meetings in Germany. He was well advanced when he arrived on the scene.

Dan jumped on a speedway bike for the first time as a 16 year old and straight into the national league.

It’s not about the literal age gap.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 9:55 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Not sure on that statement, in terms of what has Robert "got years" on Dan, because it ain't age. 

Bewley; 20/05/1999

Lambert; 05/04/1998

See above post.

1 hour ago, acef said:

He had been riding amateur meetings in Germany. He was well advanced when he arrived on the scene.

Dan jumped on a speedway bike for the first time as a 16 year old and straight into the national league.

That is fair enough.   Same as Craig Cook who may be 30 or older but hasn't ridden speedway for many years.    Experts can tell me if I am wrong with the dates.

23 hours ago, acef said:

I’m not knocking Dan,but he has had a nasty injury which obviously set him back ,but IMO opinion he has along way to go to get to Lamberts level ,age is certainly on his side ,but whether he has the full package to make it to the top, time will tell.I certainly wish him well.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I’m not knocking Dan,but he has had a nasty injury which obviously set him back ,but IMO opinion he has along way to go to get to Lamberts level ,age is certainly on his side ,but whether he has the full package to make it to the top, time will tell.I certainly wish him well.

At the risk of offending Belle Vue fans, from what I've seen of Dan Bewley so far, he's nothing special (yet!). Yes he can be amazing around Belle Vue, but I've seen him at many other tracks and he's never stood out as being anything special to me. He's been found out in Poland, compare him to Jaimon Lidsey, I think Dan needs to move away from Belle Vue to further his career, somewhere between Manchester and Poland.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, iainb said:

At the risk of offending Belle Vue fans, from what I've seen of Dan Bewley so far, he's nothing special (yet!). Yes he can be amazing around Belle Vue, but I've seen him at many other tracks and he's never stood out as being anything special to me. He's been found out in Poland, compare him to Jaimon Lidsey, I think Dan needs to move away from Belle Vue to further his career, somewhere between Manchester and Poland.

Jaimon Lidsey is a future GP man with the bit of luck you need,very impressive IMO.Already mixing it well with the big names.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Jaimon Lidsey is a future GP man with the bit of luck you need,very impressive IMO.Already mixing it well with the big names.

Time will tell on that front, but he's certainly well capable of scoring points in the Polish league

On 7/9/2020 at 11:30 PM, acef said:

That’s a better explanation then. And yes I agree Lambert is miles ahead of Bewley. Bewley will do well to match where Robert is now in his career.

Hopefully for the GB future he is able to reach that level but nothing is a given.

At least I’ve stopped reading posts on social media from Aces fans who have been claiming Bewley is already the better prospect. 

6 hours ago, racers and royals said:

I was told that each GP rider could only be a wildcard once- WRONG Zmarzlik is the wildcard in Rybnik.

:blink::nono:
thats daft. Even with covid and rapid cash need for the promoter, its still a sport.

Edited by f-s-p

I wouldn't be surprised if Zmarzlik himself asked to be included. He desperately needs track time to help sort out his starting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stewmac said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Zmarzlik himself asked to be included. He desperately needs track time to help sort out his starting.

He certainly struggling out of the start so far this season.